Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im currently in the first stages of building a mild street stang with about 600 at the wheels. But my question is what would be the best cams for my build with a whipple supercharger?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Hawk!!

---------- Post added at 07:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

Oh but this is for a 2010 GT not a 302. All those cams look like they're for 302's and bigger or older?

·
Banned
699 Posts
Sry guess i should have asked ill do a little dig and see what i can find new 5l or early 2010 with the 4.6l?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll probably go stage II but it'll only be drove maybe 5x's a month at most but my goal is 600 at the wheels with cams and sc unless i have to forge it, which will then get me a few extra ponies

·
Registered
829 Posts
Check into the Hot rod cams to. They have shown good gains with forced induction and they sound great! They are NSR (No springs required) cams. You have a great goal and it's very doable, but you may have a problem finding a reputable tuner who will let you leave their shop at 600rwhp. The stock blocks are only "safe" up to 500 or just a little over that to the wheels. You'd have a time bomb on your hands. I'd really recommend looking into forged internals!

·
Registered
829 Posts
Las0mbra said:
Honestly, I'd call a good cam seller like comp cams and see what they recommend for your goals and boost level.
Research is always a good idea! Think about your future goals to and try to get parts compatible for later so you spend less money.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I actually wanna do stage 3 cams so if I do that then I will forge the bottom since the heads would have to be ported. And yes dion you are right. Be smart and spend less

1 - 17 of 17 Posts