Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a red 1999 v6 mustang and the standard paint is so sun damaged and gross looking It kills me to see such a beautiful car with such bad paint. I want to paint it either black grey or white. Anyone have any clue what the pros and cons are of those colors and what'd be best? Thank you

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Black is so good looking but such a pita to keep clean. Id go with a grey.
Thank you! I really wanted to know how much of a hassle it is to keep it clean and as a highschool student with a job I barely have enough time to clean it once every 2 weeks

·
Registered
313 Posts
I agree..black is one of the best colors....when clean and I also agree it is the hardest to maintain. If your going to get a great quality pant job, I would suggest white.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
DSG!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I agree..black is one of the best colors....when clean and I also agree it is the hardest to maintain. If your going to get a great quality pant job, I would suggest white.
I was gona say black too but it is really hard to keep clean.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Black paint

I reallllyyyy want to paint my car black it's a 1999 and I'm painting it this Friday at maaco for their special deal and I want black so bad but everyone tells me it's a ***** to keep clean and maintain and I should get white which isn't too bad but not my first choice. My question really is, how hard is it to maintain black paint and is it worth it? Thank you fellow stang enthusiasts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Pros and cons of these 2 colors. Go.
Black - hard to keep clean, looks better when clean
White - Easier to clean, looks good when clean( not as good as black)

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

Black - hard to keep clean, looks better when clean
White - Easier to clean, looks good when clean( not as good as black)
Grey or silver is my personal choice, very easy to clean, looks good when clean and I find it hides swirl marks great.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I have a black stang and I feel like eveytime I wash it 5 mins later its right back dirty.I try to wash it once a week but i love it.if you really want it black then you should get black.you will love it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
If you get black make sure you get a car cover bcuz it's a b**** to keep it clean. But when it's clean it's the best color on any car.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I was gona say black too but it is really hard to keep clean.
I I we're to buy my mustang over again I wouldn't buy black. For one its so hard to keep clean and second it's so f ing hot out here in Arizona during the summers not to mention I have black leather on top of it all.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Gray. Heck it's in between black and white. Why not. White just looks blahish to me on certain cars, and black can be a pain in the butt despite it's good look. So gray is probably the best.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Gray. Heck it's in between black and white. Why not. White just looks blahish to me on certain cars, and black can be a pain in the butt despite it's good look. So gray is probably the best.
Agreed, I have a mineral grey mustang and I love it. It looks super good when clean and very easy to clean and keep clean.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Just so you realize, if your body work isn't absolutely perfect, black will show every little dent, ding, minor scratch, and even swirl marks from improper waxing or drying. Black is my favorite, but it is the hardest to keep looking great. On a 99 there is bound to be some imperfections. If your willing to live with them or pay the price to have them fixed I say go for it man. Black all the way.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Blacked out stangs are the best imo. The mirror shine they get when freshly washed, they go well with Matte, Chrome, Black, or gray Rims. Look great with tints. But yeah, you'll have that shine for a short period. If you don't have time/ a garage to keep it in, i wouldn't go black. You'll spend a ton of cash on a paint job, and you wouldn't want to regret getting black down the road.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
you've had 2 other threads on this same topic...can we just stick to using them?
I'm sorry I really just got this and I keep thinking it's commenting on the first one but I keep creating new ones. Sorry

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

The option wasnt just white it was pearl white diamond and jet black. Gray seems a bit too boring to me after looking into and I do have light scratches on account of it being a 1999 but the shop I'm taking it to said they aren't deep enough to show through the new paint so I think I'm good with that but I heard that white and black are both pains to keep clean so really it's just between looks at this point

1 - 20 of 110 Posts