Registered
20 Posts
Navigator heads

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ColeJohnson said:
How much to the wheels? And also- how muchdoes the kit cost?
It's 390 engine and 340 rwhp...my friend has some on his 04 GT and he made 347 rwhp and he got the trick flow top end kit witch comes wit cams and timing chain for $2,000 but he's in the military so he got a huge discount but for everyone else its almost $3k

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am in the military and was wondering where he got that since no companies have been helping me but actually ripping me off by not sending the product, etc.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Yea if you looking for the best overall heads the trick flows are it but patriot makes heads that are almost just as good and are about 600 less

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
You cant beat the trickflows. A friend of mine put some on his 03 GT along with comp 270 cams, long tubes, full exhaust, cai and 70 mm TB and plenum and put down 378 at the wheels!

·
Registered
19 Posts
You "Best" option is to get a set of heads ported by someone so try can port them to your specs. A good race port should run a little over 1500 and a street port should be even cheaper. You will make more power like that than with an out of the box set of heads from anywhere.

·
Registered
64 Posts
You "Best" option is to get a set of heads ported by someone so try can port them to your specs. A good race port should run a little over 1500 and a street port should be even cheaper. You will make more power like that than with an out of the box set of heads from anywhere.
Putting a radical race port job into a stock casting is just asking for problems and drive-ability on the street.

You won't touch a better head design/power than the TFS castings for the 2V.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am in total agreement with you. That's why I said ported for you. I simply gave a rough estimate on prices for a race port and street port. I do agree a nasty race port on a stock car is going to flow ****ty.

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

And I never said anything about factory heads.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Check around some people put stuff on and dont like the results so the sell cheap or they by and cant afford to install so they sell them cheap I got a set of stage 2 ported p/i heads and AFM f42 cams that had 4 runs on them for $700.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts