Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
I have an 02 v6 mustang that is basically stock, and I was wondering what exhaust i should purchase
OMG so many exhaust questions lately haha. thats ok though, go to YouTube and search exhaust systems for your particular vehicle and find a setup you like!

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
it will never sound like a V8 etc, its an even fire motor. It can sound ok but mostly as they get up in the RPMS above 2500 rpms its more and more just annoying. Most go with a dual 2.25" exhaust either custom made or premade. They cut the Y pipe off and install a catback thats true dual exhaust.

I would go with OEM GT take off's wont be super loud but will sound good overall. Can find a GT take off catback, try it out if you want more cut out and weld in new mufflers (cheap enough) so you can try it for a bit.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OMG so many exhaust questions lately haha. thats ok though, go to YouTube and search exhaust systems for your particular vehicle and find a setup you like!
Yea, there are many to chose from. Do you have any suggestions.

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

I want some turn downs. I don't like the way the pipes come out of the v6 bumper.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Yea, there are many to chose from. Do you have any suggestions.

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

I want some turn downs. I don't like the way the pipes come out of the v6 bumper.
have you seen this? not necessarily this combo but you can buy the catback version so it's not as expensive. but also look it up on YouTube to see if there are any videos. do you have a spending limit? http://www.americanmuscle.com/pypes-dual-conversion-turndowns-9404v6.html

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm running an h pipe with flow master 40s. It doesn't sound like a v8 by any stretch of the imagination but I love the sound. Way better than a stock setup. I had it done at a local muffler shop for a really good price

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
YouTube is your friend..asking what sounds good versus what you hear sounds good can be different.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
h pipe, flow 40's , gt catback. thats should be enough. like SpectorV said, it only gets annoying at high rpm's. but u should be more than happy with that setup on a v6

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just like everyone said I'd go to youtube because it truly is what you like. Personally I have the MAC dual exhaust conversion on my 03, and I absolutely love it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts