Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got gears,110mm C&L Cai,Long tube headers,Dyno tuned. Whats my next and best bang for my buck to get the best HP/Torque gain. ( I've Already got 125 shot NOS)

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Since you've already got headsets I'd say you would see a pretty nice gain from some good cams. You're at the point where the next mods are pretty expensive lol

---------- Post added at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 AM ----------

Headders*

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Outside of a $300 Cai,they were all expensive! LOL I was leaning towards cams. Anyone know what kind of gains ill get from them?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got 70hp from hotrod cams and LT headers
At the rear wheel? 20 of that was headers ill assume. So 50rhp gain from cams? That's equivalent to 1RHP per $21.00. After performance shop does install and retune. Triple that cost if your talking flywheel HP. What was your torque gain?

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

That's a pretty kick a$$ return on your $...thanks for the info btw

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
At the rear wheel? 20 of that was headers ill assume. So 50rhp gain from cams? That's equivalent to 1RHP per $21.00. After performance shop does install and retune. Triple that cost if your talking flywheel HP. What was your torque gain?

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

That's a pretty kick a$$ return on your $...thanks for the info btw
I would realistically think 30-35 HP from just cams.. I'm probably going to cam my GT next week with FRPP hot rods. I don't have LT's so it'll be interesting to see what I gain

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
PLUS you get that BAD ASS cam sound. That right there is worth half the price!

·
Registered
916 Posts
Yep hot rods would be worth it

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Brenspeed cam yields bigger gains then FRPP cams

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Brenspeed cam yields bigger gains then FRPP cams
Plus you don't need phase limiters, they work with the stock VCT. They were designed to work with a fairly stock engine.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Do the high flow cats pass state inspections? When I do exhaust that one thing I would love to change out.
Yes they do.

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

That is IMPOSSIBLE without heads. If you do not have heads, you did not gain 70HP from FRPP cams and LTs
I promise you after I got those installed and tuned that IS what I gained over stock.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Yes they do.

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

I promise you after I got those installed and tuned that IS what I gained over stock.
Where is your dyno and list of mods?

FRPP cams and headers will NOT give you those gains. WILL NOT. SC cars barely touch those numbers. This is an instant where the dyno did, absolutely, undoubtedly lie to you. Even as a tuning tool, if would be wrong since the before and gain difference would still not be 70WHP.

Dyno and/or slips.

FRRP Cam and LTs are good for about 35-45HP at best. If the car was not tuned before thismthen maybe 50-55WHP in the very best scenario on this planet we call Earth.

"Over stock" would suggest you were stock, then added cams and LTs plus a tune. That means you would be around 330WHP, that with just those 2 mods over stock, you CERTAINLY would not be.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Look, you can say that all you want. I'm not an expert on parts or engines, but I am certain of what I got from my stock HP to getting cams, changing my exhaust and adding a CAI. I could read the numbers on the computer with the before numbers then the numbers after the install and tune. I would happily admit my engine was poorly tuned resulting in lower 'stock' HP if that was the case and being the second owner that is a possibility considering how adamant you are that it is impossible.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Look, you can say that all you want. I'm not an expert on parts or engines,
Exactly. I am telling you, your car did not gain 70 HP from cams and headers. Period.

The dyno may have SHOWN that. But the car did not gain that. Not to mention you've added a part since your initial claim. You first stated 70 HP over stock with FRPP cams and headers, but now there is an intake involved.

Where is this dyno sheet? Did you "lose" it?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts