Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I wanted to know what some of you guys use for a cold air intake on a 2013 gt? Any and all info would be great. I'm thinking about going with the c&l intake for the 2013 gt. let me know what your opinions are.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I don't think I would ever get a cold air intake. It's been proven they don't really do much and are more or less just for looks. I've always used the stock intake and when I get the Tvs 2300 sc I will be sticking to the roush intake.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Stock Box works great for me, I'm not impressed by the plastic aftermarket tubes out there, and I honestly don't see any gains worth the money they ask for them, and they definitely aint worth the money for the looks. I invested in a tune with stock air box, and got the best gains there. If you want one for the looks, then just see which one appeals to you most. Keep in mind that they do get wet after rains through the heat extractors on the hood.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
The best CAI is the factory one your car came with.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I don't think I would ever get a cold air intake. It's been proven they don't really do much and are more or less just for looks. I've always used the stock intake and when I get the Tvs 2300 sc I will be sticking to the roush intake.
For a N/A engine the stock box works great but for a SC it has been proven that the open filter is the winner and adds 1.5 psi. And this apply to centri and twin screw.

·
Registered
389 Posts
For a N/A engine the stock box works great but for a SC it has been proven that the open filter is the winner and adds 1.5 psi. And this apply to centri and twin screw.
If it was then roush would be putting their own cold air intake instead of their box one

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow ok well I think I'll stick with the stock box. What should I do for around 400 bucks. I want to add a little more power I have a bama tune also.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
redbeast0712 said:
Wow ok well I think I'll stick with the stock box. What should I do for around 400 bucks. I want to add a little more power I have a bama tune also.
Lower control, an upper control arms, so you can hook up the power you've already got.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
redbeast0712 said:
That's an option. Anything else?
Save more money, I assume you already have axle backs. Headers will be my first mod when warranty expires. Aluminum drive shaft will be next.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Your biggest gains with a CAI will come when working in conjunction with headers. You can suck all the cold air into the engine but the stock manifolds will only restrict the flow out so fast and much. The sound the CAI makes is way sweeter than the stock intake in my opinion.

To further answer the OP's question . Airraid!

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
On the 2013, I would keep the stock air box because of the heat extractors in the hood. When it rains, your filter gets wet.

I've got a Steeda CAI with my Boss IM. I just like the way it looks. :D

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
Could be with a tune you could prob get that. I don't believe the boss has an actual tune.
All cars have a "tune" but the boss does not come with an aftermarket tune (obviously). Even with a tune, 58 hp?! Really! Maybe on a hit humid day with stock tune then putting on aftermarket tune on a nice, 65* day you would see that much gain

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
Your biggest gains with a CAI will come when working in conjunction with headers. You can suck all the cold air into the engine but the stock manifolds will only restrict the flow out so fast and much. The sound the CAI makes is way sweeter than the stock intake in my opinion.

To further answer the OP's question . Airraid!
Stock manifolds really are not that restrictive on the coyote, even with LT's CAI won't make much more difference

1 - 20 of 48 Posts