Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like i always get ricers to try to run me on the highway but never off the line cuz they know they will die. What r some of the best mods for 50mph and up? Basically i already know but just want to get some varried input.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
exhaust, good heads, some VTEC :p, nice cam.

if you wanna go all out, you can get cam, ported heads, larger valves, new pushrods, new valvesprings, good set of 1.73RRs and a great dynotune. you should still be able to make power to 6000rpms. that would get you some good top-end power.

top end is where you need every bit of incoming air out of there w/o bottlenecking up

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I hope that you are already chipped with limiters removed? 4.10s aren't really the best gear for top end, you might have been better off with 3.45s if top end is the game you want to play, or even 3.27s.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Personally, I think that 4.10's are a little too extreme to be trying to force a good top end. And once you do start getting up in the speed, areodynamice start taking more and more affect. If you're going 150+ your areodynamics start really kicking in.

How fast are you wanting to go anyway?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Professional racers change rear end ratios regularly to suit the tracks they run on. Drag racers and oval track racers, et al.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts