Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am just wondering what would be the best muffler for my completely stock 2003 v6. By best I mean loudest. I would just want this muffler welded on without replacing the pipes or putting in a dual conversion. I have looked at some mufflers on American Muscle and basically I have no idea what the best one would be if it was just welded on without any additional work. Thank you

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
Hey guys I am just wondering what would be the best muffler for my completely stock 2003 v6. By best I mean loudest. I would just want this muffler welded on without replacing the pipes or putting in a dual conversion. I have looked at some mufflers on American Muscle and basically I have no idea what the best one would be if it was just welded on without any additional work. Thank you
Bulls,

The loudest system for just a Muffler would be either the SLP Loudmouth or the Pypes M-80 Bullet Muffler. These Muffler's are a straight through design that will definitely give your V6 the Rumble you're looking for! The SLP Loudmouth "shotgun" race resonators are designed to have virtually no exhaust flow restrictions to free up more power and to produce the most aggressive sound possible.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance.

-Dan

·
Registered
748 Posts
Bulls,

The loudest system for just a Muffler would be either the SLP Loudmouth or the Pypes M-80 Bullet Muffler. These Muffler's are a straight through design that will definitely give your V6 the Rumble you're looking for! The SLP Loudmouth "shotgun" race resonators are designed to have virtually no exhaust flow restrictions to free up more power and to produce the most aggressive sound possible.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance.

-Dan
Hey Dan this question is a little off topic from the above one but why doesn't American muscle carry the ford racing LSD anymore? I was planning on buying gears from AM and the LSD until i realized it wasn't available. If possible it should be brought back. It would kill on sales!

·
Registered
776 Posts
Hey Dan this question is a little off topic from the above one but why doesn't American muscle carry the ford racing LSD anymore? I was planning on buying gears from AM and the LSD until i realized it wasn't available. If possible it should be brought back. It would kill on sales!
I'm pretty sure ford stopped making it. I hope that helps... I'm running the auburn one

·
Registered
434 Posts
They must have just lost demand supposedly the auburn one is made better and more durable I like it... Now... Was it worth what I paid for it... Ya it was but it hurts the wallet but with my gears and the LSD my car is amazing to drive (race car) and really gets off the line

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

I think the auburn one is better but not 200 dollars better but it's so powerful combined with the gears and I got it down for the same price so I needed it

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

Installed for the same price as just for gears*

·
Registered
434 Posts
What slow?

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

Or find a 8.8 rear of an explorer comes with the t-lol LSD and gears... Also I found some on eBay with gears and LSD for around 400 then all you need is a bearing kit and install money

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

The ford racing LSD on eBay the one you're looking for I mean

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
just saying forget upgrading a 7.5 for those wanting to spin both tires...go for the 8.8 then you can upgrade to quad shocks

·
Registered
434 Posts
True haha I like the 7.5 rear you know my difficulties with used things with my luck I would have put on an 8.8 rear and the thing woulda snapped in half but yes an 8.8 is overall better just depends what you're looking to do with your car

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

How I look at it is that it's my dd and I need atleast 80k more miles out of it she only has 55k so I don't wanna do risky swaps you feel me slo? But other used parts I'm cool with like sway bar, tower strut and such

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
True haha I like the 7.5 rear you know my difficulties with used things with my luck I would have put on an 8.8 rear and the thing woulda snapped in half but yes an 8.8 is overall better just depends what you're looking to do with your car

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

How I look at it is that it's my dd and I need atleast 80k more miles out of it she only has 55k so I don't wanna do risky swaps you feel me slo? But other used parts I'm cool with like sway bar, tower strut and such
i don't feel ya lol..i have just over 55k miles too

1 - 20 of 31 Posts