Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Best Muffler For Quiet Cabin On V8

5K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Rick0636 
#1 · (Edited)
Call me crazy but I've had Bassani mufflers on my 99 V8 and I'm ready for something a little quieter after two years. I'm over the droning on long drives. Yeah, it sounds sick when I drive down PCH, but I'm ready to be able to hear my radio or talk on a cell phone again.

So, that said, I'm looking for suggestions on a muffler that still sounds great outside the car, but is quiet on the inside. No droning. I've heard Maganflows are great for a quieter ride, as well as Flowmaster 50 series. I'm looking for suggestions, feedback, recommendations, etc.

I'm running a 4.6L V-8 with a Vortech charger, x-pipe with 2.5" Magnaflow cats.

#3 ·
Any of the Flow thru mufflers will do which includes Dynomax Ultraflows, Magnaflows and Borlas. The fact is all chambered or baffled mufflers like MAC flowpath, Flowmasters, Spintech use dams or walls to redirect sound waves to produce a drumming effect at each exhaust stroke causing the deeped sound and the droning. Flow thru mufflers have less restriction and dont drum or drone . That are much more quiet inside the car but will growl when you hammer down the throttle.

#8 ·
My magnaflows are nice, just have the cat back with the stock H (for now ;) )

very quiet when idling or just cruising. I'm hoping the wot gets quite a bit more aggressive when I get the OR X in there

#11 ·
I have Magnapacks.

#12 ·
If you don't want loud on a v8, don't get a 3" catback, good grief my Ford racing 3" catback is ungodly loud, and seems to be getting louder, arrggh!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.