Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking into getting my full exhaust done! Any advice on what mufflers to go with the bbk headers & o/r x pipe? I want something loud but not extremely loud & something that sounds good? Any ideas or sound clips?

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Oh2freshstang said:
Looking into getting my full exhaust done! Any advice on what mufflers to go with the bbk headers & o/r x pipe? I want something loud but not extremely loud & something that sounds good? Any ideas or sound clips?
Utube bassani I love them!!!

·
Registered
289 Posts
what ever you do dont get something super loud headers will make it sound a lot louder

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what ever you do dont get something super loud headers will make it sound a lot louder
Yea I'm trying to look for the best combo. I want the performance upgrade but not the super loud sound! Might go with the stock mufflers or I hear adding resonators will help out a lot!

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Yea I'm trying to look for the best combo. I want the performance upgrade but not the super loud sound! Might go with the stock mufflers or I hear adding resonators will help out a lot!
Get the LT but with Catted xpipe. They are high flow catts so same performance as uncatted trust me I've dyno tested it. Get chambered mufflers like GT500 or Bassanni is really good! Or get loud mufflers and add resonators to make them deep and take off rasp and high pitch noise.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LqbpZcr200M

That's my setup man

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the sound clip!! I really like how the resonator sounds with it. Where did u get ur resonator??

·
Premium Member
14,477 Posts
Get something that will turn heads. Usually loud and aggressive works, not overly loud to where it sounds like crap though.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Get something that will turn heads. Usually loud and aggressive works, not overly loud to where it sounds like crap though.
Exactly what I'm looking for! Gonna keep going through clips till I find something I love!!

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My sister is trying to buy a 5.0 soon so if she gets it she wants the exhaust just a tad bit louder so I told her to remove the resonators so if we get the car ill have an extra pair man!
Cool if u do get them hit me up ill be more than happy to take them off ur hands!!

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Cool if u do get them hit me up ill be more than happy to take them off ur hands!!
Yea man for sure! They really help make any raspy loud exhaust into a deep loud exhaust I love it. But I want Pypes instead of my Roush Axlebacks. If u know anyone interested lemme know I wanna trade or sell my Roush ones

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea man for sure! They really help make any raspy loud exhaust into a deep loud exhaust I love it. But I want Pypes instead of my Roush Axlebacks. If u know anyone interested lemme know I wanna trade or sell my Roush ones
Yea I'm def gonna go with resonators! I had the pypes catback system on my old 2012 that got totaled..they sound amazing but the fitment was terrible..would suggest a shop instal! I'm trying to decide if I should go with pypes again or roush..how much would u be letting the roush go for?

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Yea I'm def gonna go with resonators! I had the pypes catback system on my old 2012 that got totaled..they sound amazing but the fitment was terrible..would suggest a shop instal! I'm trying to decide if I should go with pypes again or roush..how much would u be letting the roush go for?
Exactly enough to buy the pypes hahahaha so 329 I think they were plus shipping which would be around 60-70 I think but the Roush go for 469.99

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

I must tell you ahead tho. Roush by themselves sound amazing with headers they are crazy loud so ur gna need resonators

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Exactly enough to buy the pypes hahahaha so 329 I think they were plus shipping which would be around 60-70 I think but the Roush go for 469.99

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

I must tell you ahead tho. Roush by themselves sound amazing with headers they are crazy loud so ur gna need resonators
And 329 is for the black powder coated pypes I can do the regular ones of need me on the price

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Yea that's why I'm a little hesitant to go with roush because I eventually wanna do headers/xpipe & hear that's a super loud combo! Def gonna think about it tho I'll let u know when I decide..gonna look at more sound clips! Hahaha.

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

And 329 is for the black powder coated pypes I can do the regular ones of need me on the price
Are u looking for something louder with that combo?? I would think that muffler deletes are gona be even louder than roush right?

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Yea that's why I'm a little hesitant to go with roush because I eventually wanna do headers/xpipe & hear that's a super loud combo! Def gonna think about it tho I'll let u know when I decide..gonna look at more sound clips! Hahaha.

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

Are u looking for something louder with that combo?? I would think that muffler deletes are gona be even louder than roush right?
Did u see my videos of my car with headers/xpipe with resonators and Roush? And yea I wanna do louder and deeper!!

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yea I saw it!! I love the sound but I'm leaning toward going catless (want the extra hp) so I'm not sure if that's going to be too loud! But I'm leaning toward go roush right now I'm just trying to explore my options. I'm also thinking of doing a full catback instead of just axlebacks.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.