Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the Steeda Cat delete in my car in conjunction with the MBRP street catback. It is a 3" catback with no resonators and even though it is the street muffler, it was already loud because it was a straight through design. With the cat deletes, it is wayyyy too loud when accelerating. I like the tone the deletes give the car, but I was wondering if there was a good muffler I could get to tone it down a bit. I might throw the stock mufflers back on for the time being.
I heard the gt500 mufflers were the way to go if I wanted something in between.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm putting on my new cat-deletes this weekend. I have the GT500 mufflers. I'll report back on the sound and maybe try to make a couple vids.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Gt500 is the way to go. Deep throaty sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have mbrp catbacks and they dont have the rounded connection like the stock pipes. Will the gt500s still fit? Will i need special clamps?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did, but it didnt know if the would fit my new pipes. They dont have the ball shaped connector the stock pipes do. Dont know if the clamps on the stock muffler would fit on the new pipes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
41 Posts
Corsa Extreme.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Try the Borla touring if you don't want it too loud. It has a nice rumbly tone and with the cat deletes it should sound even better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts