Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so by December I want to get a new mustang. I've saved up $4,000 so far and I'm gonna save another 2k and I'm gonna sell my current mustang for 5-6k so the question is, best new edge mustang for about $12k? And I want to spend that much on the mustang. Not buy a gt for 7 or 8 and mod I want a special series like a 99-02 cobra or 03-04 mach 1. Anyone have any preferences I can put into consideration. Convertible seems fun but isn't available for mach 1's, that's why I've been looking into cobras. Soooo question is, and sorry to ramble, best new edge v8 mustang and why? Haha thank you

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To answer your question, terminator. To answer your question while keeping your price in mind, Mach 1. It'll be a little newer, most likely and the Mach 1 is even more rare than a cobra
Oh trust me it kills me so much. I would LOVE a termi but 18k compared to 10-12k it's just not worth it in my mind id rather supercharge a mach 1 mainly because of the shaker hood anyways. But thanks man

·
Registered
918 Posts
I would say the Mach 1, but you have to get the Manual version since its crank is already forged. then in time spend another little bit of money for forged connecting rods and pistons and you can supercharge it and it should put out more power than the stock cobra thanks to its custom cam already in it.

This is what I'd like to do

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would say the Mach 1, but you have to get the Manual version. then in time spend another little bit of money for forged connecting rods and pistons and you can supercharge it and it should put out more power than the stock cobra thanks to its custom cam already in it.
Haha I will not, until I'm too old or something, everrrr buy an automatic haha no matter what. Unless it's enough to swap it to manual, especially if it's a mustang, It wouldn't feel right being an auto but yeah I will hopefully mod it right away depending on how much I get it for if I do go that route. Thanks for the input

·
Registered
918 Posts
My wife cant drive a stick and it was the only car we were going to have for a while so I wasnt left with a choice but to get an automatic. However I will be swaping it out for a manual in the near future, within the year hopefully

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My wife cant drive a stick and it was the only car we were going to have for a while so I wasnt left with a choice but to get an automatic. However I will be swaping it out for a manual in the near future, within the year hopefully
I used to love autos and almost bought an automatic mustang but thank god my dad was there and made sure I didn't then I got the car I have now and I hated it because I didn't know how to drive stick but now that I'm used to it I'm so grateful I didn't buy the auto haha the drive is ridiculously different in them in my opinion and mach 1's, from what I know, have a huge acceleration decrease for autos so for that car manual is a must

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Michaelgranlund said:
Thanks I just need more power than my stock v6 if I wanna start taking it to the track and I think the mach 1 would be perfect
Yea the Mach would be perfect for you. Those hoods they got are big as hell too lol

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea the Mach would be perfect for you. Those hoods they got are big as hell too lol
Yeah that's true. I heard the shaker hood is functional. But some people say it's just for looks. Do you know if that's true or not? Because either way I love it but idk why ford would make it without it being actually functioning

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Michaelgranlund said:
Yeah that's true. I heard the shaker hood is functional. But some people say it's just for looks. Do you know if that's true or not? Because either way I love it but idk why ford would make it without it being actually functioning
Yea it's def functional. But it doesn't make that big of a difference is all. But the Mach engine gives a very good base to start building on

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea it's def functional. But it doesn't make that big of a difference is all. But the Mach engine gives a very good base to start building on
Definitely I'd love to save up for about 6 months after buying it to get a decent super charger because I heard the stock termi supercharger isn't one of the best.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Michaelgranlund said:
Definitely I'd love to save up for about 6 months after buying it to get a decent super charger because I heard the stock termi supercharger isn't one of the best.
If your ganna do that I would just go ahead and buy a termi. I mean they are just simply badass. Buying a supercharger for the Mach would mean u would also have to replace a bunch of stuff bc it may not be able to handle the boost if u go to big. If ur planning on saving up for a supercharger u may as well just buy the termi man

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If your ganna do that I would just go ahead and buy a termi. I mean they are just simply badass. Buying a supercharger for the Mach would mean u would also have to replace a bunch of stuff bc it may not be able to handle the boost if u go to big. If ur planning on saving up for a supercharger u may as well just buy the termi man
Idk that just would take much longer to save up for and I'm almost positive you don't have to change anything to the mach 1 unless it's more than 450hp but that's just what I read but really, it depends what's for sale when I have the money if there is a termi for under 12k which I've seen and have less than 100,000 miles then ill jump on it but that's highly doubtful

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Michaelgranlund said:
Idk that just would take much longer to save up for and I'm almost positive you don't have to change anything to the mach 1 unless it's more than 450hp but that's just what I read but really, it depends what's for sale when I have the money if there is a termi for under 12k which I've seen and have less than 100,000 miles then ill jump on it but that's highly doubtful
Yea true. I don't really know about how much that Mach could take. But either way that mach is a bad car

1 - 20 of 28 Posts