Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it still needs to be a regular mileage street tire but has good dry traction. is anyone here running a daily driver drag wheel/tire combo?

i'm going to trade my 17's for something more track appropriate, some prostar 15x8's and 4's. ;)

·
Registered
567 Posts
possibly nitto 555's ??

they're supposed to have really good dry traction without being a DR.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i need at least 10k miles from whatever i get, thanks, i'll look into them.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Tire said:
yeah i need at least 10k miles from whatever i get, thanks, i'll look into them.
10k shouldn't be too hard. Depends on how many times you smoke 'em.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Kuhmos have lasted me longer than that, and they get good wet and dry traction, decent price too.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I have never drag raced, so I can't tell you. :shock: Sorry.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Anything from Michelin will last longer than most tires. They are one of a few tire comapnies that puts a milage warranty on Z rated tires and nobody beats michelin in rain technology

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i doubt my car will ever get z rated tires in the back with my 15x8's, or taking any corner above 20mph!

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
I understand but just a few more dollars than the cheap tires you can have a michelin and get a longer mileage warranty than any tire on the market!!!!!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Corey, did the warranty cover your Michelins when you hit that concrete thing? :shock:

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
austin. i have a set of Yoko's on my stock wheels that are absolutly amazing. they are 225 width instead of the stock 205 and they hook great. ive had them for about 30k mi so far. so they last

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yoko? is that yokohamas?

what 60's, or have you not been to the track and used those tires? how is wet traction? what model/series?

thanks.

-austin

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
i used the before i did slicks, but i was cutting 2.1s before i put nitrous on my car. rain driving is fine, handling is much better than stock.

i'll have to go outside today and check the model. but theyre the widest tires the guy at Discount Tire said would fit the stock rim. $99/each 225x60x15 i believe

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
i love my yoko's

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
dang 100/tire isn't cheap, but they sound ideal.

i looked online but can't find them in sizes 275-295/??/15.

dangerdude, where is that tire size calculator? sorry!

*goes back to doing the cm to inch conversions*

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
the widest tire you can fit on the stock 15" rim is 225

Yokohama YK420

P225/60R-15 95H B (43438)
Reading the Tire Size

$96.00 each
• Get a Quote

Source: College StationArea
(Select a Different Area)

The all-new, all-season performance tire that delivers excellent handling, smooth ride and long wear.

Treadwear: 420
Traction: A
Temperature: A

Meets or exceeds original
equipment speed rating

taken from www.discounttire.com

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I had 235/60s on stock 94 Mustang rims, then had them on aftermarket 15X7 rims, no problem at all, they were Tiger Paw Uniroyal these are made by Michelin now I believe, probably not as good or as good a warranty, but good tires, speed rated S. They come with white letters which can be turned in or out. I got a set of 4 for around 300 mounted and balanced. That is with an all weather tread too. Not directional. I had two of them on my GT for a short while after I sold the Bullitt Rims, they were used and did fine for temporary, and I have a set of them in 275/60/15 on my truck now.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts