Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I own a Mustang V6 2007 with pony package, my tire size is 235/55R17. For budgetary reasons I can only choose between the Toyo Extensa HP all season tire and the Assurance all season Good year. The prices are almost equivalent so, my question is which one would be the best options?
Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
I think that I’d trust the Goodyear over the Toyo....but I’d also look at the treadwear rating on each brand and do the math comparing that to the cost and go with the best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I agree with Guard on this one. Not a fan of Toyo. Goodyear will be a much better tire. Compare the treadwear rating, the temperature rating, traction rating, and Speed rating against any tires you are looking at. The tread depth is also important, but softer tires with wear quicker so depth is really not as key.

If you look around there are other good brands out there that might fit the bill for not too much money. I would check Discount Tire and Costco or any reputable local tire shop before you decided to buy. I have had good luck with Goodyear, Bridgestone, & Cooper. My son likes his Hankooks he had on a BMW.

And then there is always Michelin, you will pay more. But I tell you they are worth it. The Michelin's I have had over the years always get more miles, ride much nicer. They just last and have a great feel. You can't go wrong with them. I tell you if I can I will typically go with Michelin's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts