Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my gt for a while now. Haven't really cleaned the bay except occasionally when I wash my car but I use a towel with water. Ppl tell me that they power wash there engine but idk about that because the alternator and stuff. I would think if water hits it, it can be damages. Does anyone know of a best/safe way that I can make my engine spotless? I am open for suggestion.

·
Registered
148 Posts
From what i have read,you never want to power wash the engine bay,
because of all the computer sensors.They can possibly get wet or damaged.
All I use to clean,is a warm damp cloth or scrub pad and degreaser.
Then I dry it,with a clean rag.

·
Registered
876 Posts
My tools of choice! Spray the degreaser on and use the brush to loosen the grease then wipe it off with a rag. And i use a tooth brush for tight areas:)

IMG_20120929_172335.jpg

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any type of degreaser you guys recommend?

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

What do you guys think of simple green?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Any type of degreaser you guys recommend?

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

What do you guys think of simple green?
I just use Gunk Engine Degreaser, a rag, and a brush..like Joey said spray it in the rag or brush and scrub away

·
Registered
876 Posts
Ive only used super tech engine degreaser because i have a bunch of cans, stuff works great for me though. When i run out imma try a different kind. Other people on here have used some that make the engine look great! Just take a trip to any auto parts store and pick one out and try it:)

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
when i don't have time to spray it down and use mean green i'll just hand wipe it with detailer, and f21 by turtle wax

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
the best way is to never let it get nasty to begin with, you can generally do it by hand and use simple green for grime and your choice of protectant for rubber/painted areas/metal (nothing shinny though or greasy)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Aren't degreasers flammable? If u turn ur car on cant it possibly catch on fire?

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

Aren't degreasers flammable? If added and car is started cant it catch on fire?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I've always used the wand at a car wash. Been doing it for years that way with no problems, I just make sure and use STATIC pressure only around electrical stuff, otherwise lay into it and it always comes out like brand new again. I also do this with all the cars I work on as a side job. Helps bring people back when you go the extra mile and spend $5 at the car wash for them. ...."oh Wow, it hasn't been like that since I first bought it!"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts