Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Best shift kit/ trans cooler combo?

2K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  01mineralgrey6 
The B&M shift kit should work. Haven't ever heard anything bad about them, either. Recalibrating the chip does basically the same thing that an electronic shift kit does.. Which is crap. All it does is raise the pressure in your transmission and is a lot more dangerous compared to a valve-body kit. About the only -good- thing I can say about electronic kits is that if you hate it, you don't have to buy a new valve-body...

With my kit (superior) I went full competition (level #1 rv/towing #2 street #3 competiton) and the shifts aren't as harsh as I expected them to be. They're just really quick and firm. The kit would be a messy ***** to install. Unless you don't mind dropping 7-8 quarts of tranny fluid all over your garage, I would take it to someone. And yes, you do need to drill bigger holes and connect passageways in the valvebody. You also need to replace springs and check balls.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.