Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I have a simple white ball with the shift pattern.

My only issue with it is hand pain after a day at the strip, have debated swapping to a t handle for track duty, would be nice to incorporate the linelock into it.

There are options out there for autos, ill try and get a pic of the one on the gt. It's an original mgw knob, very few left.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Looking to get a new shift knob? What's the best one your guys opinion? Let me see some pics too.
No pics here but I finally found a long handled shifter handle and knob I love. found it at UPR. I dont have to reach forward to shift into 3d or 5th gear. Also, deleted the shift patern as common with newbies. Yep, if you dong know stick, stick with automatic. no pattern. New wave.:idea:

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No pics here but I finally found a long handled shifter handle and knob I love. found it at UPR. I dont have to reach forward to shift into 3d or 5th gear. Also, deleted the shift patern as common with newbies. Yep, if you dong know stick, stick with automatic. no pattern. New wave.:idea:
What's the URL?

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
LAS97GT said:
I do it more to remind myself...i drive so many different vehicles it gets confusing. Regularly try to leave stop lights in reverse in the f250 and have been known to shift 5 speed cars into "6th" gear....

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I went with the Mach 1 shift knob had the black billiard ball before.
I'm trying to maybe deal away with the ball cause that's what I got now but it's MGW shift knob off their website that's got the "GT" logo engraved into. I was looking for something different than the ball but I don't want like a pistol grip or something so idk lol..

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

I went with the Mach 1 shift knob had the black billiard ball before.
Also, did it scalding hot in the summer time? I live in Missouri so summers get super hot and winters get super cold. Sucks even on my shift knob I have in it now and it's partly plastic with barely any metal.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I'm trying to maybe deal away with the ball cause that's what I got now but it's MGW shift knob off their website that's got the "GT" logo engraved into. I was looking for something different than the ball but I don't want like a pistol grip or something so idk lol..

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

Also, did it scalding hot in the summer time? I live in Missouri so summers get super hot and winters get super cold. Sucks even on my shift knob I have in it now and it's partly plastic with barely any metal.
No never had a problem with it being too hot. Now its cold right now because of winter.

·
Registered
681 Posts
StangerBanger04 said:

Hmmm, reminds me to fabricate a black leather knob cover for hot summers! Oops! IDEA!!!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts