Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking to spend about $400 on parts or less and wanted to know what would be the most noticable suspension upgrade?

-swaybars?
-springs & cc plates
-rear sway bar & springs

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
well if you only want a slight drop, nothing more than 1.3 inches, then I would get the FMS c springs from www.gefracing.com, summit will price match adn may offer free shipping so check with them, they run 120~ or so and the rate is 650/350 very nice rate and drop and you wont need cc plates to maintain the near stock alignment specs (they are a good idea however but can be put off for a bit)

next with the extra 250 i would get mach 1 tokicos (shocks/struts) that will leave you just a little bit... go to a junk yard and get a rear sway bar from a 99+ gt and maybe a set of maximum motorsport endlinks for the front sway bar.

after you save up some more get maximum motorsports lower control arms NO OTHER BRAND lol these are just designed better so get them.

after that go with some chassis bracing, full length subframes (good any time... very nice items)

K member brace, maybe upgraded front sway bar

·
Registered
82 Posts
Whenever you lower a vehicle it is good to get CC's because it will make it better for the alignment of your car

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
yea if you plan to run wide or expensive tires cc plates are good due to you can totaly control the alignment of the car, at least from mm, some other brands blow.

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ah ok. but now i'm on the stock 15's, so i'll wait...not long...but wait on the CC plates.

i just want a more firm and planted ride. nothing outrageously low or stiff, but something more stiff than the 450/185ish stock ride.

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
now i'm debating. would it be better to get a set of 17x8 with some good rubber or the shocks/springs?

cuz i can afford the wheels and my dad offered to pay for the tires?

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
thats up to you, I however would take the rims due to it changes the looks of the car TOTALY and those floppy 15s look horrid.... you can get a set of 17 by 9 03 cobras for 600 bucks to your door :) just needing 275/40/17 tires NO OTHER SIZE!

·
Registered
541 Posts
The I think as far as suspension goes is Subframe Connectors. They help in tighting up the chassis and no more flexing under hard cornering.

Matt :) :) :rolleyes: :eek:: :thumbs2: :approve: :headbang: :yup: :eek:k:

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm not sure what all you can do for $400 aside from something like the bullitt kit or the mach I kit. They are around that price and include c-springs with shocks and struts, Mach I may come with swaybars, I'd have to look. $400 isn't much! ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts