Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
I love the sounds of the Borla ATAKs. The Magnaflow Comps a lil too...unrefined i guess would be the best way to put it

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Florida3.7L said:
I love the sounds of the Borla ATAKs. The Magnaflow Comps a lil too...unrefined i guess would be the best way to put it
I've always been a fan of Magnaflow. They have a unique tone. Idk, I love em. I haven't heard the ATAKs in person on a 3.7 yet though. From vids, I prefer the mags. That price doesn't help Borla out either. Everyone has different taste though. It's what makes the Mustang great. So many choices!

·
Registered
519 Posts
+3 for magnaflows.

I have the streets and I love them. If it wasn't my DD and or even if it was (if I didn't have a 30 minute drive) in would have got the comps. They are quite a bit louder and the wife says mine are loud enough.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I dont know about you guys but im gonna get the pypes full catback exsuast on my 2013 in about a month for 450, i hope they sound like they do on youtube.

ForumRunner_20121013_062821.png

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
It all depends on how much noise & drone you can stand

I personally bought the Magnaflow street axlebacks due to I just wanted a nice deep rumble from my exhaust. These did exactly what I wanted. I have absolutely no "DREADED DRONE" inside the car. The quality and fit are perfect. They do provide a nice rumble when you start the engine and look great with the nice stainless steal rolled tips.

They are completely made of Stainless steal and fit the car perfect without any tweeking or welding involved. They do say "MAGNAFLOW" on the side which looks pretty cool.

They are not overly loud and obnoxious when driving around but do come very much alive when flooring the go fast pedal.

If you want loud all of the time these are not the mufflers for you. If your looking for mufflers that make your Mustang sound like a Mustang without giving you a headache every to you drive it these are what you want.

Ronnie:good:

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
ronnie948 said:
I personally bought the Magnaflow street axlebacks due to I just wanted a nice deep rumble from my exhaust. These did exactly what I wanted. I have absolutely no "DREADED DRONE" inside the car. The quality and fit are perfect. They do provide a nice rumble when you start the engine and look great with the nice stainless steal rolled tips.

They are completely made of Stainless steal and fit the car perfect without any tweeking or welding involved. They do say "MAGNAFLOW" on the side which looks pretty cool.

They are not overly loud and obnoxious when driving around but do come very much alive when flooring the go fast pedal.

If you want loud all of the time these are not the mufflers for you. If your looking for mufflers that make your Mustang sound like a Mustang without giving you a headache every to you drive it these are what you want.

Ronnie:good:
There isn't even drone when the fuel cuts off on downshifting?

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
I have an Automatic Transmission.

I have no "DRONE" at any time. Now that I'm getting a few miles on these Mufflers they are sounding better & better due to some carbin building up in them.
Ronnie

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I have some video of mine being driven through a road course for a fuel economy challenge coming up, when I get a chance I will post the you tube videos.

Edit

These are the videos

Ohio Econ Fuel Challenge 12.6 Miles (27 Minutes, 32 minute challenge)
Stage 1 Ohio Fuel Econ Challenge: Stage 1 of 4 - YouTube
Stage 2 Ohio Fuel Econ Challenge: Stage 2 of 4 - YouTube
Stage 3 Ohio Fuel Econ Challenge: Stage 3 of 4 - YouTube
Stage 4 Ohio Fuel Econ Challenge: Stage 4 of 4 - YouTube

They can be boring, but they have a very wide variety of driving, accelerating, down shifting, coasting, 25 mph- 70 mph.

·
Registered
143 Posts
UltArc said:
I have some video of mine being driven through a road course for a fuel economy challenge coming up, when I get a chance I will post the you tube videos.

Edit

These are the videos

Ohio Econ Fuel Challenge 12.6 Miles (27 Minutes, 32 minute challenge)
Stage 1 Ohio Fuel Econ Challenge: Stage 1 of 4 - YouTube
Stage 2 Ohio Fuel Econ Challenge: Stage 2 of 4 - YouTube
Stage 3 Ohio Fuel Econ Challenge: Stage 3 of 4 - YouTube
Stage 4 Ohio Fuel Econ Challenge: Stage 4 of 4 - YouTube

They can be boring, but they have a very wide variety of driving, accelerating, down shifting, coasting, 25 mph- 70 mph.
Links aren't links lol please fix

·
Registered
278 Posts
geepoons said:
What are your guys opinions on some Axleback exhausts for a 2012 v6?
Borla ATAKs are the best by far. But they are pricy. The roush axleback exhaust is almost half the price and sounds damn near close. But they aren't made in the USA... And only has a 1 year warranty I think.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Dub9stang said:
Borla ATAKs are the best by far. But they are pricy. The roush axleback exhaust is almost half the price and sounds damn near close. But they aren't made in the USA... And only has a 1 year warranty I think.
Roush has three year. BORLA has the best warranty and also sounds the beat while being completely made in the USA so for me the extra couple of hundred is justified for this reasons

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
What are your guys opinions on some Axleback exhausts for a 2012 v6?
flowmaster super 10s,
unless too loud is a problem?

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

i bought the muffler for 120 and cut and welded it into place.
of course you could go to a muffler shop and get it done for like 2-300 bucks or something like that

1 - 20 of 38 Posts