Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my stang has 390rwhp with stock suspension. I am looking to buy lowering springs for a 1.5-2 inch drop, along with new shocks and struts. What are some good brands that will get me the best traction?

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Eibach! Look at AM

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Rim Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Coupé Muscle car

SR springs from AM with no isos

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
The eibach sport lines or h&r ss springs are both great springs , I run tokico blues shocks and struts but IMO they are a bit stiff, also consider replacing the lower control arms, I use Alston racing brand, unless going to a coil over set up either brand does about the same as far as performance, I have 2 friends that have the Qa1 coil over set ups and they love them!

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Hey guys, my stang has 390rwhp with stock suspension. I am looking to buy lowering springs for a 1.5-2 inch drop, along with new shocks and struts. What are some good brands that will get me the best traction?
are you wanting a drag or cornering car? that's the big difference in springs right there...price wise for just a lowering spring in the drop you want check out S&R...i love mine :good:

gabriels, tokicos are great for the cash :good:

btw what's your build to be at 390? sounds sweet

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
are you wanting a drag or cornering car? that's the big difference in springs right there...price wise for just a lowering spring in the drop you want check out S&R...i love mine :good:

gabriels, tokicos are great for the cash :good:

btw what's your build to be at 390? sounds sweet
It would be for a stret/strip car with occasional trips to the drag strip

And i have a vortech v3 blower 10psi with full bolt ons

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
if you're wanting a good hooking car think about just cutting your stockers...you won't be dissapointed with how it transfers weight to the back tires when you need it

·
Registered
540 Posts
I got the sr springs when they were on sale of 100. I know I need new shocks and struts but will the ones sold at the auto parts stores work or will I need to buy special ones. I think the sr springs lower 1 to 1.5 inches. I just wanted my car a little lower and improve handling just a bit. I don't plan to race it I just like driving around to clear my mind.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
I have eibach lowering springs and love them. 1.5 front 1.25 rear.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts