Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought some chrome cobra r wheels and wanted to see what everyone uses to keep them shiny?

Also anything u can do for minor pitting?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could I use the wax you just spray on and wipe off? Thanks again. What kind u use. Sorry so many questions, first set of chrome.

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
Pick up a can of Neverdull. Open up the can pull off a nice chunk (it's like cotton) and shine away on the clean surface. After you are done go back and buff it out with a clean microfiber towel. I've been using this for almost 20yrs and you can store the can forever without it drying out,

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pick up a can of Neverdull. Open up the can pull off a nice chunk (it's like cotton) and shine away on the clean surface. After you are done go back and buff it out with a clean microfiber towel. I've been using this for almost 20yrs and you can store the can forever without it drying out,
Do they sell that at advance, Walmart, or should I order off internet? Thanks

·
Registered
231 Posts
You do realize neverdull is an abrasive? Worse thing you could use on chrome plating.
Chrome plating, while a hard finish, is a very light coating over the nickel plating. Using this stuff will eventually produce light scratches on the chrome. When we plate chrome, at our shop, and we need to clean up watermarks, we use a window cleaner, and if you want to maintain a shine, and seal the chrome from moisture, I recommend a non abrasive, or petroleum based wax.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I've never heard of neverdull. I just want the best shine/protection I can get.
I have an electroplating shop, and do hard chrome, and sometimes nickel-chrome,
generally this plating bonds very well with ferrous metals, when plated over aluminum, it can be tricky to get a good bond, as long as all preparations prior to plating are performed correctly, the bond on aluminum can hold for sometime.
Go to autozone or pep boys and get you some Mothers chrome polish.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Try Mothers Chrome Polish and te your favorite wax.

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
You do realize neverdull is an abrasive? Worse thing you could use on chrome plating.
Chrome plating, while a hard finish, is a very light coating over the nickel plating. Using this stuff will eventually produce light scratches on the chrome. When we plate chrome, at our shop, and we need to clean up watermarks, we use a window cleaner, and if you want to maintain a shine, and seal the chrome from moisture, I recommend a non abrasive, or petroleum based wax.
Where are you getting your info from? Never Dull Metal Polish consists of a unique non-scratching wadding impregnated with a special polishing solution.

Eagle One Nevr-Dull Wadding Polish

1 - 15 of 15 Posts