Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an 04 gt and was wanting to get a 70mm tb and plenum. I don't plan on going like a supercharger or turbo just a daily driver with a little more get up on the streets. I was thinking the Stack Racing throttle body and plenum but I wanted to see your guys' thoughts. Let me know what you got and how you like it.

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
StangerBanger04 said:
I got an 04 gt and was wanting to get a 70mm tb and plenum. I don't plan on going like a supercharger or turbo just a daily driver with a little more get up on the streets. I was thinking the Stack Racing throttle body and plenum but I wanted to see your guys' thoughts. Let me know what you got and how you like it.
I have the 70mm combo also stack, great mod gives a lot more throttle response. I would go any bigger than a 70mm it's Dyno proven that you will loser some power with anything over 70mm.

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

Ryan7racin said:
I have the 70mm combo also stack, great mod gives a lot more throttle response. I would go any bigger than a 70mm it's Dyno proven that you will loser some power with anything over 70mm.
Wouldn't go*

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Soccerluvr4 said:
+11

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

Ryan7racin said:

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

Wouldn't go*
+11

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

StangerBanger04 said:
Anything more spectacular about 75mm?
Not really!.. If your not going FI then 70mm is the best gains you'll see!.. I've got a 75mm on mine right now and saw some good gains, but I'm planning to go turbo next year!.. ;)

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I've heard too. Anything bigger than 70mm could potentially hurt your car and lose power gains. Thanks dudes!

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
Best bet is just the tb the spacer isn't worth the money not much gain

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
StangerBanger04 said:
Is the spacer necessary or just a paper weight?
For the price of most spacers I would say no!.. On a NA motor with just basic bolt ons maybe 1-2 more hp!.. On a built FI motor maybe as much as 10hp!...

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Eturner said:
For the price of most spacers I would say no!.. On a NA motor with just basic bolt ons maybe 1-2 more hp!.. On a built FI motor maybe as much as 10hp!...
I do have a Spacer from Steeda, and at the time it was on sale and I only paid like $25 for it!.. Didn't notice any real gains with it!..

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
StangerBanger04 said:
Is the spacer necessary or just a paper weight?
You will get different opinions from everyone, my opinion I think it's not worth the money for just a inch of aluminum. Not much gains for the price.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I think its a waste of money for the plenum to be honest yea makes under the hood look better and you can hear the car sucking air but cant tell much power gains, if you wanna feel a difference in your car put some 373s in it or 410s youll be 110% more satisfied then a plenum.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
My friend just fabbed this up for his '03 GT. It's a fully built vortech car with a c4 and all the other goodies. It runs in the high 9's. He has some more work to do to it yet, for now he's going to run the twin 57mm TB.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
DWC_SmOziLLa said:
My friend just fabbed this up for his '03 GT. It's a fully built vortech car with a c4 and all the other goodies. It runs in the high 9's. He has some more work to do to it yet, for now he's going to run the twin 57mm TB.
Cool!.. But I'll still take the BOSS next to it!.. Lol

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Eturner said:
Cool!.. But I'll still take the BOSS next to it!.. Lol
This is what was sitting to the left of it. I'll take this, you can have the Boss, lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
DWC_SmOziLLa said:
This is what was sitting to the left of it. I'll take this, you can have the Boss, lol.
CHEATER!!! You didn't show that in the previously pics!!... Lol. But ya I'd take that over the BOSS too!... Lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts