Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently jus got 3.73 gears and hybrid tune put in. my 0-60 time before was 5.1 sec and now is 5.6 sec. it doesn't feel slower and when I launch I fish tail a bit before I get going so I think it's traction. I'm in the market for new rims so to fix this problem I was going to go with a staggered set but I don't know which tire set to go with? any thoughts? are there any performance perks to certain rims? any info much appreciated

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
I have recently jus got 3.73 gears and hybrid tune put in. my 0-60 time before was 5.1 sec and now is 5.6 sec. it doesn't feel slower and when I launch I fish tail a bit before I get going so I think it's traction. I'm in the market for new rims so to fix this problem I was going to go with a staggered set but I don't know which tire set to go with? any thoughts? are there any performance perks to certain rims? any info much appreciated
I personally say u cant go wrong with Nitto555's, some BFG's or sumitomos

Btw get at least a 18X10 rim and at minimum a 285 size tire to match. Im running 315's on my 18X10 wheels

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I agree with Charlie, go wide my friend.....go wide :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
I vote BFG sport comp 2. Great tires... Weight is your enemy, go wide but try to look at weight when you get down to a couple styles you like. Every lb saved on unsprung weight, especially rotating, is worth ten in the car. Post pics when you decide!

·
Registered
266 Posts
I had the stock pirellis on mine and they are great but wear out wayyyyy to quickly for the cost. I just bought nittos so well see when I can finally test them out but reviews I read were great!

·
Registered
325 Posts
I had the stock pirellis on mine and they are great but wear out wayyyyy to quickly for the cost. I just bought nittos so well see when I can finally test them out but reviews I read were great!
My pirellis are about half worn at 25k mi, how fast did yours wear? As far as I can tell the pzero all season is the cheapest UHP AS tire commonly available. Just curious, not trying to say anything about anyone.

·
Registered
266 Posts
My pirellis are about half worn at 25k mi, how fast did yours wear? As far as I can tell the pzero all season is the cheapest UHP AS tire commonly available. Just curious, not trying to say anything about anyone.
I have summers only. Better road traction, and z rated for speed. I'm at 10,000 miles and they are over half worn I may get another 8k out of them tops. Granted I drive faster then in the states and the tires are $1200 for a set. Idk what UHP AS means....but did that answer your question?

·
Registered
79 Posts
My Pirellis are at 25000k and are almost toast; I need to get new tires as well. I have a standard look, 18 x 10s. Would a jump from 235 to 315 be too drastic?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so my understanding is that if I get wider tires and lighter rims I won't fishtail or peel out when I floor it right? shouldn't LCAs help to?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts