Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 14 GT Auto and I am running 12.5 consistently with a Ford tune. I am wondering what is the best time a otherwise stock (no Mods) GT runs at the track with other after market tunes. Remember no other mods.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I could only manage a 13.0 bone stock 6spd. Those pirellis are complete crap lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Come on guys. A little info please. It will help on my decision on my next performance upgrade

·
Registered
3,726 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The converter will be the last mod I make. I'm looking for horse power right now. NA horsepower that is.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
The converter will be the last mod I make. I'm looking for horse power right now. NA horsepower that is.
The converter will make your car faster than any other part possible outside of F/I. I dunno, seems like a no brainer to me?:shrug:

You asked for a performance upgrade, not a horsepower upgrade.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I had a converter in my 11 and it was a pain to drive in heavy traffic. So I want to wait on that. I also had shorties on my 11GT and it woke up my mid range up. I don't want gears I have an automatic. Throttle bodies don't do *****. MY son put one on his 13GT and his ET remained at 12.8 111mph. I do appreciate the feedback though.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
I have a 14 GT Auto and I am running 12.5 consistently with a Ford tune. I am wondering what is the best time a otherwise stock (no Mods) GT runs at the track with other after market tunes. Remember no other mods.
The pro cal Ford tune is the one that will net you the least performance and 1/4 mile gains. Since you have a 5.0 and an automatic look towards AED. Its my understanding that AED is the one for automatic 5.0's and Lund was best for manuals.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I had a converter in my 11 and it was a pain to drive in heavy traffic. So I want to wait on that. I also had shorties on my 11GT and it woke up my mid range up. I don't want gears I have an automatic. Throttle bodies don't do *****. MY son put one on his 13GT and his ET remained at 12.8 111mph. I do appreciate the feedback though.
Fair enough.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll check out AED for tunes. I have another thread that asks what is your best ET with a stock 11-14 GT. Thanks Blue...

·
Registered
575 Posts
Damn you ran a 12.67 and the guys at Ford couldn't even get that. You must not be in CA. Cause stock mustangs wish and pray for a 13.0.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
318 Posts
Best times

Bone stock, no tune 13.01 at Quaker City, 1300' above sea level, eastern OH.
Shorty Headers, no other mods, 12.92 at Pittsburgh Raceway Park, Western PA (North east of PGH) Again 1400' above sea level.
This year, M/T Drag Radials, BMR LCA's Ford Procal, 12.72's at both places.
Waiting for a little cooler weather before trying again.
Start with tires, maybe LCA's before you do anything else, otherwise nothing's really going to improve your times

·
Registered
45 Posts
My best time bone stock is in my sig. Gonna head back to the track in the fall with some better weather, and hopefully get a 12.6x before the mods start this winter.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was running some cheap replacement 235's that came on the car when I bought it. I have Brembo wheels on it now, and haven't been back to try them at the track. On the 12.72 run I nailed a 1.99 60', but the rest of the night I hovered around the 2.0 range.

Crappy youtube vid of run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1DKlB70py0

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
60 ft times are 1.90 lots of practice launching and an auto. Anyone should run at least 12.8 with stock tires.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Best times

Mickey Thompson E/T drag radials P245/45/R18
They will fit on stock rims but got them on 9.5 rims I got from American muscle for 74.99 a piece.
If you don't get the thing to hook up any more HP you generate is going to help much.

·
Registered
575 Posts
When I see good times on "stock" mustangs (mid 12's) it makes me wonder if I go to your track if im going to be low 12"s. When I run stock mustangs or even with the same mods as me I win every time. most I see here in CA run high 12's all the way to high 13's. Most high 13's are "stock"

1 - 20 of 32 Posts