Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
SCT seems to be the most popular for our model cars. Remember it's just a device for your tunes. The best "Tuner" will be a huge debate. American Muscle's Bama tunes are great and you get free tunes for life when you purchase a handheld from them. Lund is probably one of thee best tuners out there for the coyote motor but it's all a debate. Do your research and chose the one that's best for you. I have been running Bama tunes since before they were available at A.M. and never had issues......period. Plus their customer service is A ****ing +!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I actually just got off the phone with am cause i am considering a bama tune. I have a Diablosport intune and asked them if it mattered what tuner i had if i and a bama tune? They said its not the tuner in the tune. So whether u have a sct or a diablosport its the same as long as u use a good tuner like bama or another name brand tune. diablo sport can hold 5 tunes so thats a plus

·
5,980 Posts
Is there a echo in here?

Helllllllllllllloooooooooo......

Hellllllllooooooo .......

Hellllllllooooooo .......

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
the most important part is not the brand its the quality of the program placed on the tuner. Once size fits all usually doenst work out to good compared to custom dyno tune sessions etc. If you car is mostly stock its not a huge deal though.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I was close to ordering a tuner, but there is still a few issues out there from what I am reading. Stalling, uploading, hard shifts on auto, surging etc. On such a new car I think it's better to get a custom tune where you actual air fuel /timing are being looked at. It will also get you the most performance.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
I was close to ordering a tuner, but there is still a few issues out there from what I am reading. Stalling, uploading, hard shifts on auto, surging etc. On such a new car I think it's better to get a custom tune where you actual air fuel /timing are being looked at. It will also get you the most performance.
No issues on with my VMP tune with my automatic. You must be reading in the wrong places.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well thanks for all the info. I guess I should have started by saying I won't be using email tunes. I'm having it dyno tuned at a local shop. So a tuner that can hold 5 custom tunes would work great. Plus it's a manual and nothing is stock on this car..

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Well thanks for all the info. I guess I should have started by saying I won't be using email tunes. I'm having it dyno tuned at a local shop. So a tuner that can hold 5 custom tunes would work great. Plus it's a manual and nothing is stock on this car..
No problems with my EMAIL tune. Does this "local" shop have any experience with these new motors?

·
5,980 Posts
You are always gonna read about issues.....this is the interweb. Its like looking up reviews for shoes,clothes,computers ect ect. You can always data log your canned tune afterwards so they can tweak it. And getting a custom dyno tune on a stock car or a car with minor bolt ons is a waste of money. I personally have had zero tune issue on any of my cars,past or present.

·
5,980 Posts
Does a tune impact warranty? What are the pay-offs? Is there a real incease in hp or fuel savings?

Yes,it will void the warranty. The tune will increase the performance and throttle response. Add other mods to that and you will see better results. If you are worried about your warranty dont do it. If you bought your mustang to mod like most of us did,go for it.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Yes,it will void the warranty. The tune will increase the performance and throttle response. Add other mods to that and you will see better results. If you are worried about your warranty dont do it. If you bought your mustang to mod like most of us did,go for it.
+1000

I have SCT with BAMA tunes for life. If you can't make it to someone you really trust, these guys are amazing. You get 3 tunes. I've tried 2. Race and street. There are very noticeable differences. They do an amazing job.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Does a tune impact warranty? What are the pay-offs? Is there a real incease in hp or fuel savings?
Yes there is A increase in fuel economy as.long as your not in race tune goosing it everywhere lol but if you drove say street tune conservatively you would definitely see results

---------- Post added at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

And im not saying thats the only way to get better fuel economy just one of the best ways

·
Registered
196 Posts
That's not necessarily true, the dealer would have to prove the tune directly caused the part to break for them to not warranty it. If they just outright remove your warranty without proving it, that is against the law and huge liability on their part. Look it up.

Magnuson-moss act

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
ThinBlueLine said:
That's not necessarily true, the dealer would have to prove the tune directly caused the part to break for them to not warranty it. If they just outright remove your warranty without proving it, that is against the law and huge liability on their part. Look it up.

Magnuson-moss act
Technically true, but who pays the lawyers when they tell you no .

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Technically true, but who pays the lawyers when they tell you no .
+1
There is a lot of risk involved. If you have the money to pay to have it fixed, then do it to it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts