Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been around looking at forums for a while , and finally decided to make an account ! What's are some of the best upgrades , mechanical and cosmetic, you guys know or use.?
Only thing I have is fiberglass hood and GT front fascia! Everything else ... Stock ?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

K

·
0 Posts
Well, thats what we ME Techs are for now. Because the Admins want to put an end to the blasting. Everyone is new at some point.

As far as beginner mods. A tuner will be the best starting point for performance. Next is 3.55 or 3.73 gears. Maybe some suspension upgrades afterwards.

For cosmetics, your car looks pretty good. But maybe some new rims/wheels.

K

·
0 Posts
Also, i see you didnt have a spoiler. That would be a good thing to get. 2 most popular ones are the gt/cs pedestal spoiler or gt500 spoiler.

Once you have those, get a nice pair of mufflers to give some sound to that pony.

K

·
0 Posts
I have photo albums on my profile you can check out. I have done alot to my car. Converted it from a Base to a Premium. Cosmetics, performance, a little suspension.

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Best for what? Best for you? Me? My budget? Yours?....you get my point.

Me personally I like eye candy. I did and still do visual stuff, I'm too old to be worrying about racing red light to red light. After that I like suspension upgrades. I've done some go fast goodies but for the most not my thing.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Well, thats what we ME Techs are for now. Because the Admins want to put an end to the blasting. Everyone is new at some point.

As far as beginner mods. A tuner will be the best starting point for performance. Next is 3.55 or 3.73 gears. Maybe some suspension upgrades afterwards.

For cosmetics, your car looks pretty good. But maybe some new rims/wheels.
This. Best bang for the buck is the 3.73 gears. With a tuner, you're GTG.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I'm more of a performance over looks kind of guy.

So like Kevin said, I also highly recommend getting a tune first. Nothing will wake up your car as much as a tune. It's like a different car, especially if you're an automatic. You can't go wrong with any of the 3 major tuners: Bama, Steeda, MPT.

I'd start with Bama because they have the tunes for life deal, so any time you add a modification you can have them tune your car for it. Once you're more settled in with your mods, I'd get an MPT tune.

Next, go with gears. 3.31, 3.55, 3.73, or 4.10 depending on your driving style and what your goal is. Any of those will be a vast improvement over the 2.73s.

The great thing about the Mustang is the aftermarket is incredible. You can change whatever you imagine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Also, i see you didnt have a spoiler. That would be a good thing to get. 2 most popular ones are the gt/cs pedestal spoiler or gt500 spoiler.

Once you have those, get a nice pair of mufflers to give some sound to that pony.

Yes , even though THe gt500 spoiler isnt cheap . I like how it goes with THe mustang .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Best for what? Best for you? Me? My budget? Yours?....you get my point.

Me personally I like eye candy. I did and still do visual stuff, I'm too old to be worrying about racing red light to red light. After that I like suspension upgrades. I've done some go fast goodies but for the most not my thing.

Im on the same page. I like how it looks but don't disregard having a smooth performing ride .

---------- Post added at 03:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 AM ----------

What about wheels ?

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Turbo, set of drag wheels, set of track wheels, brembos, driveshaft, gears, some cooling mods, a good dyno tune...
You know, the basic stuff :p

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm more of a performance over looks kind of guy.

So like Kevin said, I also highly recommend getting a tune first. Nothing will wake up your car as much as a tune. It's like a different car, especially if you're an automatic. You can't go wrong with any of the 3 major tuners: Bama, Steeda, MPT.

I'd start with Bama because they have the tunes for life deal, so any time you add a modification you can have them tune your car for it. Once you're more settled in with your mods, I'd get an MPT tune.

Next, go with gears. 3.31, 3.55, 3.73, or 4.10 depending on your driving style and what your goal is. Any of those will be a vast improvement over the 2.73s.

The great thing about the Mustang is the aftermarket is incredible. You can change whatever you imagine.
Steeda has tunes for life also. That's who I went with.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Game changer: Tuner and CAI

Cannot tell you how happy I am with tuner (bama with free lifetime tunes from AmericanMuscle) and CAI. Changed shift points on my automatic 2004 V6 and now it is a beast (a minor beast in the galaxy of mustangs -- yes, the Ford Galaxy) but I like it and it was cheap and clean and now awesome. :dance:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts