Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,240 Posts
for me it was some shifting mods (short throw/ high volume clutch line/ motor mounts) then I added sound mods (replaced the 4 base model Kazoos with decent quality spkrs / CAI / axle backs) next up will be to lower it I've been collecting parts for 6 months....come fall Mud is gonna join the lowered club.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Best Money I spent (performance wise) so far was on 3.55 gears.

About to do suspension in the next month (coilovers/control arms).
Coilovers just for stance though, nothing fancy for tracking the car.

I would either go with gears or some exhaust

·
Registered
731 Posts
^^ 3.55 gears and like a 27" tire is perfect for the 3.7 with a stick.
Im auto... :/

But I got 3.55 instead of 3.73 so I can get the lpf turbo kit for her in a few years.
I was told 3.73 is too much gear for the power.

·
Registered
287 Posts
ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1433400095.752197.jpg visual first than performance. Tinted my windows, getting exhaust next than I'm done. (For a now ) lol. The way I look at it is if you plan to build a track car I would have just gone with the 5.0... But all you really need is an intake, smaller mods. Check out AM.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
731 Posts
View attachment 184097 visual first than performance. Tinted my windows, getting exhaust next than I'm done. (For a now ) lol. The way I look at it is if you plan to build a track car I would have just gone with the 5.0... But all you really need is an intake, smaller mods. Check out AM.

Those 3.7s with the lpf turbo kit are no joke though. Will smoke a lot of v8s.

5 ohhs too if they arent heavily modded

·
Registered
727 Posts
Those 3.7s with the lpf turbo kit are no joke though. Will smoke a lot of v8s.

5 ohhs too if they arent heavily modded
All like 0 of them that are running outside of their shop car? You couldn't pay me enough to run an LPF kit and that's been my stance since day one.

Reactions: Super javi

·
Registered
731 Posts
There is a guy/girl on instagram that have one and its not a shop car.

instagram name is like kokaine3.7 or something close to that

·
Registered
594 Posts
Everything I've ever done and will continue to do is the best upgrade. :)

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
1. Get that hood painted. No offense.
2. Get yourself from 3.73 gears (I saw that you're an auto)
3. If you have serious plans of boost, get the big supporting mods out of the way now. Driveshaft, suspension, tires, etc.
4. Don't waste your money on a CAI. Use that money for headers and a mid pipe.
5. Get yourself a tuner with some tunes from MPT. Bama is watered down tunes, and their customer service is complete and total crap.
6. Get some lowering springs with your suspension. Will make your car look great and handle better.
7. spoiler - totally changes the rear of the car. I recommend a gt500 or gt/cs depending on your preference.
8. Enjoy learning how to do it all, the experience, and don't get too caught up or frustrated with things. Have fun with it, enjoy the car and drive it like it's meant to be driven

·
Registered
765 Posts
The 15 is brand new. Give it a year. Motor is the same so you have all of those options on the 3.7 and 5.0ooh.
But not the four cylinder. Typically takes aftermarket company's 6/8 months to do visual mods

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

I believe the exhaust is different on the 3.7 now though than the 14 but I may be wrong.

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

I believe the exhaust is different on the 3.7 now though than the 14 but I may be wrong.

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
No doubt that the larger performace shops have a turbo 4 in their garage, and are tweaking it with designed parts they will be selling soon enough. It takes time to design, build, test, then get off to market a performance part. Any that come out too soon I'd be leary of, as they have not been out long enough for me to trust if I were to install on my ride.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Roush with shorty headers sounds great. Everyone will tell you there setup and say it sounds the best. I love mine but there's probably something I cud change to like it even more. You need to hear them in person. Or compare the thousands of videos on you tube.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Chambered mufflers are generally quieter due to more baffling and noise reducers.

Chamber less mufflers (roush) straight through design are generally louder than chambered. (Not always true but typically).

Chamber less on average will be more raspy.

Shorty headers will deepen the tone and also add some volume. Generally deeper tones sound quieter than a loud raspy exhaust but if you were to do axle backs first then do shorty headers you'll notice it as deeper and louder. They also remove some rasp because the exhaust system will breath better. The factory h x hybrid pipe is good but there's better out there.

H pipes will remove some rasp but show no hp gains

X pipes will usually add rasp but give you a few hp. Most of this rasp can be removed by adding in resonators.

To me the added cost of the x pipe with resonators to reduce rasp is not worth the few hp gains.

Back to headers.
Shortys will give you more low end torque while long tube will give you more high end hp. It's a trade off. Ones low ones high

With long tubes you have to buy a separate mid pipe and with shortys you can use the factory mid pipes or buy aftermarket as stated before.

I'm sure someone will chime in on something I missed.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I do believe voltwings has more info in his excellent write up section for beginners to modding these v6s.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
1. Get that hood painted. No offense.
2. Get yourself from 3.73 gears (I saw that you're an auto)
3. If you have serious plans of boost, get the big supporting mods out of the way now. Driveshaft, suspension, tires, etc.
4. Don't waste your money on a CAI. Use that money for headers and a mid pipe.
5. Get yourself a tuner with some tunes from MPT. Bama is watered down tunes, and their customer service is complete and total crap.
6. Get some lowering springs with your suspension. Will make your car look great and handle better.
7. spoiler - totally changes the rear of the car. I recommend a gt500 or gt/cs depending on your preference.
8. Enjoy learning how to do it all, the experience, and don't get too caught up or frustrated with things. Have fun with it, enjoy the car and drive it like it's meant to be driven
Grabber is spot on with his #8: I've found that I get far more pleasure from the journey then reaching the destination.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts