Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, we were talking about what the best wax to use on your car is. We are talkin about wax, not polish. What is the best wax and the best product that will keep us from having water spots. Give us the list. What is the best?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I've tried a lot (black cars are rather difficult).

I've really liked the results of meguire's tech wax 2.0. Deepest black I've found.

Turtle wax ice was decent, but just get the same depth of black and lasting shine.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've tried a lot (black cars are rather difficult).

I've really liked the results of meguire's tech wax 2.0. Deepest black I've found.

Turtle wax ice was decent, but just get the same depth of black and lasting shine.
Awesome. My black truck is the same way. You can see every finger print. Kills me.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Colonite 845, check it out on the AutoGeek forums and website. It's very long lasting wax. It's not something you can buy over the counter locally. I've also used Meguair's successfully on my black SVT Cobra. The key to a good wax shine is proper prepping of the paint. A very good wash followed up with claying the paint to remove contaminants. I recommend you join the AutoGeek forum it is filled with tips and tricks and many threads on the best finish for black cars.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Colonite 845 it isn't the glossiest but it lasts 4+ months no joke. I have used it on my mustang once and I bought my car in July. My brother uses it on his 2012 charge rt as well and loves it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I use Jax Wax Liquid Carnauba Paste Wax. Looks great on all colors. Easy on/off even in full sun. I haven't tried their cherry wet wax but others swear by it.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Heres a question. Is it ever too cold outside to use a wax? Supposed to be like 40° here, which is the best it'll get for awhile. I plan to wash the pony later, might just wax it too.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Meguiars ultimate for longevity and protection. Turtle Wax Carnuba paste wax has best shine and depth. Layer a sealant under a carnuba for best of both worlds, auto geek is a great suggestion to learn about waxes/sealants/polish and prep.

Wax! It's almost as bad as an oil thread. Whatever you try and like is the best for you!

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

Heres a question. Is it ever too cold outside to use a wax? Supposed to be like 40° here, which is the best it'll get for awhile. I plan to wash the pony later, might just wax it too.
Sealants need to bond to the surface and take longer to 'cure'. Not too cold, but I'd wax at 40F+ To ensure a good bond. If its warm enough to wash its warm enough to wax.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Meguiars ultimate for longevity and protection. Turtle Wax Carnuba paste wax has best shine and depth. Layer a sealant under a carnuba for best of both worlds, auto geek is a great suggestion to learn about waxes/sealants/polish and prep.

Wax! It's almost as bad as an oil thread. Whatever you try and like is the best for you!

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

Sealants need to bond to the surface and take longer to 'cure'. Not too cold, but I'd wax at 40F+ To ensure a good bond. If its warm enough to wash its warm enough to wax.
That's kind of how it started. Someone asked about wax. I told him it'd be personal preference but wanted to know what everybody liked.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I use Jax Wax Liquid Carnauba Paste Wax. Looks great on all colors. Easy on/off even in full sun. I haven't tried their cherry wet wax but others swear by it.
+1 on the jax wax. It's really good stuff. I use the cherry wax and it really does give the paint a wet look.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
+1 on the jax wax. It's really good stuff. I use the cherry wax and it really does give the paint a wet look.
Does it last and repel water?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Does it last and repel water?
Yea it is a natural wax so it has a greater shine but a less hardy nature than a synthetic. I put on the last coat about 3 months ago and it still has a wet shine. I love this stuff. I've used meguiars and mothers and I feel that since they are household names they skimp a little on the quality compared to jax. It still beads like crazy even after 3 months. Their spray wax, or detailer wax is also great and doesn't leave a residue like other brands.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea it is a natural wax so it has a greater shine but a less hardy nature than a synthetic. I put on the last coat about 3 months ago and it still has a wet shine. I love this stuff. I've used meguiars and mothers and I feel that since they are household names they skimp a little on the quality compared to jax. It still beads like crazy even after 3 months. They're spray wax, or detailer wax is also great and doesn't leave a residue like other brands.
Where do you get it?

·
Registered
86 Posts
The Liquid Carnauba Paste Wax is durable but is not a concern to me as I can wax the stang in about 20 minutes. Nothing else is so easy.

·
Registered
535 Posts

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I use mequires carnauba wax it works good and smells amazing !!!

·
Registered
326 Posts
That's kind of how it started. Someone asked about wax. I told him it'd be personal preference but wanted to know what everybody liked.
Ok, gotcha. I like the Turtle Wax black box kit for black cars. It's a cleaner wax and carnuba wax kit, two stages. Always have a great result.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I use CG sealant and DODO juice. All can be found at Autogeek.net plus much more.

·
Registered
33 Posts
How often to wax? And my car is also black .. Wanted to know best way to wash ... Being sponge or just car wash spraying it down .. How do I get the real grime off without scratches ?...

1 - 20 of 56 Posts