Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
What cam setup do you have? Maybe all you want to do is not increase torque but just get a custom grind cam to move the torque to the lower end of the rpm spectrum. Still need to know what you have on your ride and how much money do you want to spend. That will drive a more realistic conversation.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a 67 Coupe with a 351w, C4 3 speed auto tranny, Edelbrock intake, Edelbrock 4 barrel 600 cfm carb, Edelbrock air filter, stock exhaust manifold, no headers, and a ford 302 cam. Idk the exact specs of the cam. There is a rattling coming from the engine. We originally thought it was the timing, but after we fixed that it was still there.

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
It's a 67 Coupe with a 351w, C4 3 speed auto tranny, Edelbrock intake, Edelbrock 4 barrel 600 cfm carb, Edelbrock air filter, stock exhaust manifold, no headers, and a ford 302 cam. Idk the exact specs of the cam. There is a rattling coming from the engine. We originally thought it was the timing, but after we fixed that it was still there.
Under what conditions is it 'rattling'?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Whenever I press the throttle down about halfway it starts, and after that, it just gets louder and louder

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
Whenever I press the throttle down about halfway it starts, and after that, it just gets louder and louder
Sounds like timing for sure.. Try retarding it a little a time, I would advise against modding anything else until you get that sorted out :good:

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
Yea I'm in the works of suspension upgrades to get the power to the ground, and want to get 3.55 gears
Depending on what kinda power your making a stall and aluminum DS could be beneficial..
For me, maximizing what's already there is the best place to start.
Then gears, cam, full exhaust and most importantly good tuning/tweaking ie: timing, plugs/wires, ignition parts like a good distributor, a 6AL..
The best way to accomplish anything is develop a goal for the cars use and HP/TQ, then lay out a mod list and map out how to get there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.