Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They are mmd 551c charcoal wheels and I've used chemical guys Diablo on it, detail spray, and car soap. Nothing really works and they still have a bunch of brake dust any ideas how to get them back to new looking?

Attachments

·
Registered
795 Posts
No help to your question but how often do you clean them. Sounds like you have a lot of buildup on them. I just use the same soap I clean my car with and my wheels come clean. I also waxed them before putting on.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No help to your question but how often do you clean them. Sounds like you have a lot of buildup on them. I just use the same soap I clean my car with and my wheels come clean. I also waxed them before putting on.
I clean them probably every week. The finish on these wheels isn't waxable either.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Go get a sea sponge and some liquid soap. The sea sponges are great fo all the nooks & cronies that a normal micro cloth can't reach. Goog luck !!

·
Registered
231 Posts
They are mmd 551c charcoal wheels and I've used chemical guys Diablo on it, detail spray, and car soap. Nothing really works and they still have a bunch of brake dust any ideas how to get them back to new looking?
Have you tried a clay bar before anything else?

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
just wondering...why can't you wax them?

matte finish that you really want to keep matte?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts