Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,578 Posts
Side windows aren't too bad. Peel the film abd spray the residue with ammonia, clean with razor.

Back window soak with ammonia solution and tape a black plastic bag to the inside and park in direct sun for an afternoon. Clean any residue with brake cleaner.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Fantastic spray will loosen the glue right up. I pulled the tint off the rear window and then sprayed the whole thing down with fantastik spray and used steel wool to basically buff it all off. My defrosters still worked fine afterwards and the steel wool made it real easy to get it all cleaned off. I didn't trust myself with a razor around those defroster wires lol

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm not exactly sure sure how, but I passed by a shop removing a tint job they did wrong by using steam. After they steamed it, it looked like it just peeled off easily. I have heard the ammonia one works well though. Maybe someone that knows more can explain the steam way.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Wow these are all sub par ideas! Brake cleaner!? Smh, when we did my buddy's car we used a portable steamer, I think it's that shark brand one that you see on info commercials, anyways this worked amazingly well, we did all 5 windows in about 40 mins, without ruining your interior with harsh chemicals

·
Registered
79 Posts
Wow these are all sub par ideas! Brake cleaner!? Smh, when we did my buddy's car we used a portable steamer, I think it's that shark brand one that you see on info commercials, anyways this worked amazingly well, we did all 5 windows in about 40 mins, without ruining your interior with harsh chemicals
All sub par? I'm pretty sure I gave the same idea you just gave...

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
All sub par? I'm pretty sure I gave the same idea you just gave...
Did see yours lol I just read the first few and had to post

·
Registered
672 Posts
I don't see how my suggestion was sub par when it worked great and is what I did. Not everyone has access to a steam vacuum or steamer. Everyone has access to Fantastik spray and steele wool.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts