Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
what kinda numbers?

i'm getting a custom true dual setup on the mustang and wondered what the numbers i'm looking at are.

all aluminum with flowmaster 40's
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,461 Posts
dual exhaust is a mod that allows for better airflow so hp is increased that way. So when you do more mods, your dual exhaust will allow for more hp to be made.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
What would longtubes and a catted mid-pipe and I'm thinking of Flowmaster (40's) make me?

4 hp? :uhh:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
26,052 Posts
NorwegianMustang said:
What would longtubes and a catted mid-pipe and I'm thinking of Flowmaster (40's) make me?

4 hp? :uhh:
LTS maybe 5rwhp and you would lose a little tq at your peak about the same maybe a little more but higher up in the power band.

NO cats once again wotn help at all maybe a little hp but it will kill your down low power... it will move the tq peak up a good bit

all mufflers are about the same
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
SpectorV said:
LTS maybe 5rwhp and you would lose a little tq at your peak about the same maybe a little more but higher up in the power band.

NO cats once again wotn help at all maybe a little hp but it will kill your down low power... it will move the tq peak up a good bit

all mufflers are about the same
So you gain some and lose some, but is it worth it?

(I'm thinking of staying NA)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,461 Posts
Ya, it's worth it. 3.8 engine have kinda high toque. Well higher than any 4 cylinder so I'm sure you could spare a few tq for a few extra hp. And if you're that worried about tq, go with a 4.2 swap which will give you about 30 more tq and maybe 5 more 5hp too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
97Stallion said:
Ya, it's worth it. 3.8 engine have kinda high toque. Well higher than any 4 cylinder so I'm sure you could spare a few tq for a few extra hp. And if you're that worried about tq, go with a 4.2 swap which will give you about 30 more tq and maybe 5 more 5hp too.
Guess I got to do that after the full exhaust change, thanks man. Then the intakes, cam and heads.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,461 Posts
Well what year 3.8 are we talking. Also you need to specify a cam. My 97 put out roughly 210 bhp and about 260 btq when i did my h/c/i swap. I went with a 216/225 cam then. Now I have a 224/230 cam, and a 4.2 w/ Bigger valve heads. That's how I have so much more hp. And i still have some work to do. I think once i get my new intake built with some long tubes I should easily have 300 bhp.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top