Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What engines from what cars could fit in my car that are bigger than a 3.8 V6 without having to trim the frame or anything down?

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
just about anything you could imagine to be honest...it's a pretty large engine bay :good:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've heard a lot about taking a old police Crown Victoria and doing an engine swap, would that have any real compatability issues? Cause that's a pretty easy parts car to get.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm honestly not sure... all I've heard from some of my friends that have Mustangs is that it's a pretty common swap.

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
hmm...i don't hear of that swap much...now lincoln 4v swaps are common. i'd hit up google and research :good:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright! What all would you have to change to make the car compatible with the engine? I know you have to calibrate the speedometer and whatnot, but what else would you have to do?

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
swap trans, fuel system, i'd do the rear as well, ecu, harness...handful of other things...you'd want a donor car to be easier. it's a headache lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ahh, so it'd probably just be better to swap the car for a GT altogether? Cause I like the year model of my car and the GTs and V6s run for about the same.

·
Registered
835 Posts
the 5.4 probably would only get slightly less than the 4.6 v8's.
you might be getting 12 if you put 3.73 or 4.10 gearing in the back.

·
Registered
209 Posts
You can fit a lot of engines in our cars. 4.2, 5.0, 4.6, 5.4, 5.8 thier is even a V10 Ford made and put in some of the 2000 Mustangs and I think it was nicknamed the "Mule." I've even heard of people taking old 427's and 429's out of old Ford muscle cars and swapping those in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts