Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the most nitrous a stock 99 V6 mustang can handle on stock internals? I had a 100 shot on it and it still runs smooth I ran a 14.3 with 100shot, but am thinking of adding a 125 shot jet. Is this safe? Will the stock motor handle it? And how much horsepower can a stock V6 handle? Thanks

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I haven't heard of anyone running over a 100 shot on a completely stock motor. I personally wouldn't ever run that much on a stock motor. It's just a matter of how much you trust your engine to continue running after having that much happy juice run through it

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Yeh..I've always heard horror stories of melting the whole inside of the engine with much more than that lol

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
the split ports can run a 100 shot about half the time. it is safer on the single ports.

read the sticky in Gen Mustang Tech. It goes into detail on this topic.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I will be running a 100 dry shot, I know of another guy who will be running a 125 dry shot.

Only wet shots are dangerous on a splitport, dry shots are fine as logn as you have the fuel components to back it up.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
stangin99 said:
I will be running a 100 dry shot, I know of another guy who will be running a 125 dry shot.

Only wet shots are dangerous on a splitport, dry shots are fine as logn as you have the fuel components to back it up.
What he said. 100 shots are OK as long as you have a properly tuned Chip or program. 100 dry shot Split port 100 wet shot Single port. But for all around fun 75 shot is safer.

·
Registered
45 Posts
With injectors, MAF, pump and dyno tune you can run 125+. You just need to verify its A/F.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts