Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys (and girls) how easy is it to remove the 5.0 emblems from the fender of a 13 GT? Are they stuck on or bolted on?
I'm not a fan of chrome, and AM sells a set of black emblems which I think will look great.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I put on the black 5.0 emblems on my 13' 5.0. My buddy and I used fishing line. They will come off better if they are warmed up. It was a little of a pain. After we got them off we used goo gone to get the extra crap off then cleaned the area again and put the new black ones on.

·
Registered
453 Posts
No problem! They look good on the DIB.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Try Plasti-dip and if you don't like it peel it off but if you do then your done. I have used that stuff on my heat extractors and now my rear gt badge along with front pony on the grill with zero issues.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Make sure and frame the oem in painters tape so the new one will be properly centered.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TommyV said:
Make sure and frame the oem in painters tape so the new one will be properly centered.
That's a GREAT idea, thanks. Was wondering how I'd be able to get the new ones in the same location

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

TommyV said:

That's a great idea, thanks! I was wondering how I'd get the new emblems lined up the same

·
Registered
624 Posts
Click on my picture. Then go down to threads I started. Scroll down and find my 2012 debadge paint and reapply post. I think it will explain a lot. Comment on it or this one for any additional help. Also. My side that was in the sun came off easier. So heating it up won't hurt.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Raf63 said:
That's a GREAT idea, thanks. Was wondering how I'd be able to get the new ones in the same location

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

That's a great idea, thanks! I was wondering how I'd get the new emblems lined up the same
Yea definitely apply painters tape around it as level as possible as a template... The gloss black AM ones are great!! The finish looks really nice, check my pics in my photo album

·
Registered
545 Posts
I bought some black 5.0 emblems off ebay for 20 dollars shipped. Take a look its a better deal

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

This best thing to do is use a steamer and on of the plastic bar that u use for tint. Just use the steamer while you slowly get under the stock emblem. It will come off just take ur time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts