Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to get sort of a confirmation on this, but is anyone elses car doing this since the weather started getting colder? Ive got 2 or 3 stains on the driveway now, all with a splatter pattern aiming behind my tail pipe after starting the car. Im hoping its just from condensation buildup and excess carbon, but am starting to worry its the sign of one of my cats going out. of course ive only noticed it with my car on the 93 performance tune and am thinking it may be running a bit to rich.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,801 Posts
That's normal... Exhaust get full of carbon. You only worry if there's a check engine light... And if there's any weird unusual sound that's what I go by.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats what i assumed, in any case, im about to hit 60k so ill probably seafoam, then after a 250 mile break in change oil, plugs and wires, and clean the intake manifold. hopefully by then ill have my new gear set in as well so i can replace the fluid in the rear end and get rid of that damn humming noise. at any rate, thanks for the info guys!

·
Banned
2,801 Posts
Do they have TODAY'S CAR CARE where you live if so ask them about a fuel system clean up. I'm going to go get the paper this evening... What they do us they use this liquid that cleans and blows the trash out ur fuel injectors. Extremely a must have. I strongly recommend it. I'll find out what it is, and I'll let you know... And if I get the paper I'll take pictures and post it. It's better than seafoam....

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
unfortunately, i believe the closest one to me, is in your home state of louisiana haha. that, and i dont like other people touching my car.i do most of my mechanical repairs, and when i go to get anything else done to it, i take it to a buddy i had in high school. haha very few people touch/drive my car

1 - 8 of 8 Posts