Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok ive been doing some research in regards to blacking out my interior i will be buying new leather seats. Was curious if anyone painted there door panels and dash and how well did it hold up.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
I should punch you in the face for that, they make special plastic paint that bonds with plastic trim and comes out nice, google it you'll find tons of help

·
Registered
173 Posts
Kcstunna82 said:
I have googled it so far everyone says use dupli color i wanted to make sure this is right.
I've never seen it turn out well it looks good at first but over time not so much not trying to discourage you just my opinion

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've never seen it turn out well it looks good at first but over time not so much not trying to discourage you just my opinion
Thats what im worried about i think it would look like crap over time i was curious to see if anyone already did it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Not me but I've seen a lot of others now maybe they weren't using good products or not doing their prep right but I've seen a lot that didn't stick. I think your exterior looks good as is but if you must change it buy door panels and stuff you won't regret it

·
Registered
173 Posts
Poopyhead44 said:
Not me but I've seen a lot of others now maybe they weren't using good products or not doing their prep right but I've seen a lot that didn't stick. I think your interior
looks good as is but if you must change it buy door panels and stuff you won't regret it

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Duplicolor works great and it's all in the prep work, but also how had would it be to just find a wrecked v6 in the junk yard and get all the plastic pieces that way

·
Registered
273 Posts
Looks good what kind of paint did you use and has it stood up for a while
It was a plastic paint that I bought from autozone. I've had on my car for 6 months and looks like just sprayed it. You have to buy the plastic primer adhesive, the color you want, and the plastic clear coat

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok i figured it out i want to leather wrap my grey parts now where could i find some good quality vinyl/leather?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts