Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I want to delete what little chrome there is on the outside of my 2014 and to start, I was thinking about going with some matte black Bullitt wheels. I looked on AM and found these, but they're gloss. Anybody know where I could track down some flat black versions of these? Drive safe-ish!

Solid Black Bullitt Mustang Wheel - 18x8 (05-14 GT, V6) - Free Shipping

·
Registered
186 Posts
wheel replicas. matte black on their front page. I purchased the gloss black and they were great!

Reactions: The Nomad

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Back in my day, we didn't delete things. We removed them.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
477 Posts
I have the same color car you do and my factory wheels were just like yours. Here is what I put on mine. These are 19" factory Ford Mustang wheels off of a premium Mustang. I got them off of CL for $900 with like new tires. I didn't want the all black look so these were perfect. I get compliments all of the time.

Wayne

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

I have the same color car you do and my factory wheels were just like yours. Here is what I put on mine. These are 19" factory Ford Mustang wheels off of a premium Mustang. I got them off of CL for $900 with like new tires. I didn't want the all black look so these were perfect. I get compliments all of the time.

Wayne

·
Registered
727 Posts
Keep in mind, black wheels, especially flat black make the whole wheel and tire setup look small. If you're going black I'd step up to 19s.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a 2010 in that same color and I painted those exact wheels you have black with plasti dip and they look awesome, plus if you don't like the black on grey combo then you can remove the plasti dip! I also have a 13 GT with black plasti dip wheels but that one is black on black.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
back in my day we "shaved" things off them

I like the SG with black but I would worry about flat on rims as cleaning may be a problem. I acctually wax my rims inside/outside when I swap from my summer onlys to my winter shoes.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like the SG with black but I would worry about flat on rims as cleaning may be a problem. I acctually wax my rims inside/outside when I swap from my summer onlys to my winter shoes.
Dude. Any person that takes car maintenance to the point where they are waxing their rims has my respect.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a 2010 in that same color and I painted those exact wheels you have black with plasti dip and they look awesome, plus if you don't like the black on grey combo then you can remove the plasti dip!
How well does it hold up on the wheels? Any issues with rock damage or pitting?

·
Registered
57 Posts
How well does it hold up on the wheels? Any issues with rock damage or pitting?

It has held up very good I put 4 coats! Plus if it does scratch you can just touch it up. Will keep them dipped till I wear tires then will buy some blacked out staggered amr wheels from AM

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Mustang Evolution

1 - 12 of 12 Posts