Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2003 3.8 and it recently blew a spark plug it had a ticking noise for about a week and a half then BAM! it was all over for the spark plug.....i heil coiled it changed all the spark plugs and wires then called it a day but now i can still hear it ticking. # 5 blew and the ticking still seems to be coming from the driver side of the block what the f? fyi i had problems getting the coil to stay i just lock tighted it an its been stable as far as loosing itself up goes......this still cant b blow by??? and the ticking is most prominent around 1.5-2.5 rpm....loud ticking

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Exhaust ticking? Or like a lifter ticking? I had a lifter issue i thought was a manifold leak. A bottle of lucas fixed it. As for your heli coil issue...just keep and eye on it and see how it holds

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a 2003 3.8 and it recently blew a spark plug it had a ticking noise for about a week and a half then BAM! it was all over for the spark plug.....i heil coiled it changed all the spark plugs and wires then called it a day but now i can still hear it ticking. # 5 blew and the ticking still seems to be coming from the driver side of the block what the f? fyi i had problems getting the coil to stay i just lock tighted it an its been stable as far as loosing itself up goes......this still cant b blow by??? and the ticking is most prominent around 1.5-2.5 rpm....loud ticking
Hello,
I am the tech manager at Autolite spark plugs. You should use some soapy water (a little) around the plug you repaired to make sure it is seated and not leaking. a leaking plug will not properly transfer heat to the cylinder head. this can cause what is called "pre-ignition", a potentially engine damaging runaway combustion event. :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts