Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Mustang V6 coupe with vented rear quarter window covers installed which make it sometime hard to confirm whether or not vehicles are in the blind spots. I was wondering if anyone has installed an aftermarket Blind Spot Detection system in their stang which has been of high quality and worked without any significant issues. I have been researching on the internet and the best rated system I have seen information on is for Brandmotion RDBS-1500 Radar Blind Spot System for 2007 and Newer Vehicles. As with most aftermarket parts there are mixed reviews from this system being great, working just like an OEM system to it not working at all and a waste of money. Just curious if anyone has installed this system in their ride and if so what your personal experience and opinion are about such. Do not want to spend around $1000 for system and professional installation if doing so is not worth it.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Seems to me that adjusting the side mirrors to eliminate the blind spots & removing the quarter window covers would be a hell of a lot less expensive and easier.

Most folks have the side mirrors adjusted to look down along the side of the car. They need to be adjusted out further out so when a car in the adjacent lane disappears from the rear view mirror it is in the side view mirror. That way there is no blind spot.

Dave

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have a 2014 with quarter-window louvers too. When I first got the car it felt like it had bad blind spots. Adjusting the mirrors properly and familiarity with the car, have eliminated that impression.

My 370Z on the other hand, has serious blind-spots and one needs to drive that car much more cautiously.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts