Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the past few weeks my stock Sync headunit would work on and off.. 2014 Mustang w/ Shaker 500. When it doesn't work it just blinks the time on the head unit display along with the temperature and direction I'm facing. None of the buttons will work.

Has anyone else had this problem before? Would greatly appreciate help before I HAVE to take it to the dealership.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay I just pulled fuse #3 and #39 to check if they were blown or not. Both look fine.:confused: I also disconnected the battery and left it for 5 minutes. Still just flashing. I even saw on YouTube where someone put in a CD and it fixed the problem, so I went and dug out a CD but to no avail. :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Okay I just pulled fuse #3 and #39 to check if they were blown or not. Both look fine.:confused: I also disconnected the battery and left it for 5 minutes. Still just flashing. I even saw on YouTube where someone put in a CD and it fixed the problem, so I went and dug out a CD but to no avail. :confused: :confused:

There have been radio issues for a while. Pulling fuse 3 was one solution that worked...

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Mustang Evolution. ?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Many, many, people have been having this problem...
Another possible fix:

"...it was determined that the APIM hardware unit was done and they had to order a new one. The APIM is the brains of the whole system. It was replaced and all works normal. Lets hope that is the end of that..."

...seems to be a Sync issue.
Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Mustang Evolution. ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well damn.. looks like time to go aftermarket. I hear bad things about Raxiom but I want a clean look with double din and also have nav. Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
5,240 Posts
So is it within the 3/36? (I can't tell from what you typed) IF it is under wtty and not caused by anything aftermarket they shouldn't charge you. If it's under wtty and they find you added an amp and shorted out the system then they will can/should charge you for their time. Remember if it is under wtty and one dealer is a PITA go to another. The wtty is from Ford not the selling dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So the past few weeks my stock Sync headunit would work on and off.. 2014 Mustang w/ Shaker 500. When it doesn't work it just blinks the time on the head unit display along with the temperature and direction I'm facing. None of the buttons will work.

Has anyone else had this problem before? Would greatly appreciate help before I HAVE to take it to the dealership.

Thanks!
I’m having the same issue with mine right now but it started after I got new wheels out on they either didn’t connect something back correctly or something cause it started 30 minutes after I pulled off

1 - 15 of 15 Posts