Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well tuning was stopping again today. My maf sensor is pegged out at 4800 rpm's. So I had to order a Pro-M Wave maf. Cost $490 after shipping and tax. When it pegged out I was at 6lbs of boost o 12lbs and 530whp 500wtq.

Maf will be here monday so we will start retuning again.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Congrats on the blower, I just bought a Vortech, prob wait till april to install....

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Well tuning was stopping again today. My maf sensor is pegged out at 4800 rpm's. So I had to order a Pro-M Wave maf. Cost $490 after shipping and tax. When it pegged out I was at 6lbs of boost o 12lbs and 530whp 500wtq.

Holy crap!

·
Registered
702 Posts
wnt2gofst said:

Sweet! It's Gona be a beast:)

·
Registered
395 Posts
wnt2gofst said:

I dont like hearing that:( Mine is going in for tuning tomorrow. Is this common, first I've heard about it?

·
Banned
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is very common. If you are running just base kit you will be fine. Anything above and it will max it. Every shop told me this. Evolution/BBR/Lethal to name a few.

Only other way around it is change kit to a draw through system and run a bigger maf housing to trick the stock maf.

·
Registered
395 Posts
wnt2gofst said:
It is very common. If you are running just base kit you will be fine. Anything above and it will max it. Every shop told me this. Evolution/BBR/Lethal to name a few.

Only other way around it is change kit to a draw through system and run a bigger maf housing to trick the stock maf.
I have the procharger stage 2 kit. Ordered it from evo and talked with Fred awhile to figure out what I needed. No mention of this so we'll see I guess.

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

Got the d1 w/ a 4.63 pulley. Should b about 10lbs I think

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Not trying to be an ass ... but if you had the money for all that, what does another $500 matter?

·
Banned
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Napoleon85 said:
Not trying to be an ass ... but if you had the money for all that, what does another $500 matter?
Just another thing adding up for me. Basically for me it's cause I want the car done. Tired of little things coming up stopping progress.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Just another thing adding up for me. Basically for me it's cause I want the car done. Tired of little things coming up stopping progress.
I should have been more clear, I was talking to the other guy with the BFP (big effin pulley).

·
Registered
395 Posts
I've seen sheets from guy running that bfp with the same d1 making 9-10lbs and close to 700whp. That's good enough for me. Im just looking for around 650 and im happy for now. I'm not looking to set any records.

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

And as far as $. That kinda is being an ass. But to reply anyway, wasn't *****ing about the money. The car is being remote dyno tuned by Lund. Meaning I had to coordinate his schedule with my shops schedule and to do that took 3 weeks. If I run into a hiccup like that I could be waiting till after the holidays to get this done.

·
Banned
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've seen sheets from guy running that bfp with the same d1 making 9-10lbs and close to 700whp. That's good enough for me. Im just looking for around 650 and im happy for now. I'm not looking to set any records.

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

And as far as $. That kinda is being an ass. But to reply anyway, wasn't *****ing about the money. The car is being remote dyno tuned by Lund. Meaning I had to coordinate his schedule with my shops schedule and to do that took 3 weeks. If I run into a hiccup like that I could be waiting till after the holidays to get this done.
Not sure. But EVO/Lethal/BBR all said either draw through or a new maf is only way around it. Is the Procharger a draw through set up?

·
Registered
572 Posts
This was one of the question I asked my tuner couple weeks ago. Never thought of a bigger MAF. I ordered the same one. Nice power you made already, can't wait to see what I make tomorrow. Common 700whp

·
Registered
395 Posts
It's blow through. FYI though it might be too late, evo is selling same maf for 385 shipped. Just checked their site

·
Banned
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
When I talked to evo yesterday they said they didn't use the maf no more. So I dont know. I also calling BBR back. They have maf listed for 389. So seeing why they said was 475 when I called.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts