Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else having a problem with their Bluetooth audio disconnecting? For the past 3 days every time I connect my iPhone 5s to my car it will connect but the second I try to play music it will disconnect my phone, I've also tried doing it through the USB but that also won't work. I can receive calls through my car but if I answer the phone through my car it quits working also. Does anyone know how to fix this?

---------- Post added at 08:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------

Also, I updated the sync a few months ago when the update came out and I haven't had any problems until now.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've done the master reset on the radio and disconnected SYNC from my phone and reconnected it and nothing seems to work.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Reset network settings on your phone. There's a fuse you can pull to completely reset the radio. Idk off hand the number of it. But find it and pull out for 5-10 min.
Then put it back in and turn the radio on. Reinstall your phone to the radio.

If that does not work I would try your specific phone in a different car or try a different phone to your car. That will let you know if it's your phone or your car having issues. If it's your car. Take it and have it analyzed. If it's your phone your s.o.o.l. Unless you are due for a new one

2013 pp mca 3.7 glass roof
2.5% dl tinted windows
Bbk shortys
20"resonators
Roush ab.
Bama/mpt tunes

More coming visually for now.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried my iPad and that also didn't work but of course literally right after I posted this I got in my car and it magically started to work again!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Small glitch lol

2013 pp mca 3.7 glass roof
2.5% dl tinted windows
Bbk shortys
20"resonators
Roush ab.
Bama/mpt tunes

More coming visually for now.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Had this happen to me a couple days ago. I disconnected the battery and pulled the fuse for 10 minutes and it works fine now.

IG: justaslow3.7

·
Registered
232 Posts
Also check on the ford service site that the dealer had you register your car on. Check for a sync update. This can fix a lot of problems if it hasn't been updated lately and its a fairly simple install just have to have a usb stick laying around.

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
Also check on the ford service site that the dealer had you register your car on. Check for a sync update. This can fix a lot of problems if it hasn't been updated lately and its a fairly simple install just have to have a usb stick laying around.
He mentions that he's already updated it.

Had this happen to me a couple days ago. I disconnected the battery and pulled the fuse for 10 minutes and it works fine now.

IG: justaslow3.7
That seems a bit redundant haha.

·
Registered
232 Posts
ahh my bad didn't see the edit

·
Registered
727 Posts
I believe I saw they pulled the sync update because it had some issues. Biggest thing ice noticed since the update is the response speech clarity is terrible. Garbled or like the sync voice is mumbling.

·
Registered
17 Posts
There is an update for sync its mostly an improvement in my experience however the 911 assist is annoying and I have also noticed some strange connecting disconnecting phone issues but overall everything works

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
24 Posts
You have to completely remove your phone from the car and then manually connect it again with the pin code and all that and then it should work. That's what I did with my mustang. Or you could take it to the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've had constant problems with bluetooth disconnecting, errors playing music USB, and 911 assist. I've done a master reset about 6 times. Each time it behaves for a few weeks and then problems start.
I've used 2 different phones. It's the newest SYNC update that came out in the spring. No problems before the update, constant problems after the update. I even re-installed the update a second time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts