Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!! Need your opinions on this hood. Is this Rice or is it kewwwl? I have one coming to me this week for my '02 Stang and I want to make sure before I dump the $$$ into having it painted and installed that I'm not going to get a verbal lashing for even thinking of installing this hood!! I'm a really sensitive guy you know LOL :drive:

Now this body kit is on it's way and will be in the shop for paint on Monday, so I guess I'm stuck with it for now, this is the Xenon:

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
I dont know about the hood in the first pic and the body kit in the second together, is that what you meant?

The body kit is rounded, and that hood is sharp.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hood/Body Kit

Yea, yea, that's what I meant. The hood in first and the xenon body kit in the second picture on this car:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Matt, the hood just doesn't really look like it goes with the body kit! Your stock hood would look better, would look good on my vert too though, lol, same color.

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
i know what he means tho.

I meant that the body kit is really curvy, and the hood has sharp edges. they just dont blend too well. They're both nice, but not together.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
WhiteStang99 said:
i know what he means tho.

I meant that the body kit is really curvy, and the hood has sharp edges. they just dont blend too well. They're both nice, but not together.
Yea.

Black Widow is outrageous. Wanna be noticed.

Were Xenon is subtle.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Go Together

If this post is in the wrong place please move it. I tried to place it somewhere where it belonged but I figured someone would pipe in and ask to move it. Anyhow I see whatcha you're saying. I agree with you! What about the Mach II hood? Or this one:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOL!! Dang DOM you got some good eyes man!! Can't sneak anything by you guys, that's what I love about this forum!! I got a good price on that scoop so thought i'd go for it...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Opinions

Okay, give me opinions on both. Which hood would you go with: the Mach II or the Widow both shown.

I've already decided on the xenon kit for sure. I'll post pics after it's on so you guys can give me a better opinion. I'm definitely leaning now towards the mach II hood? What do you guys think? help.

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
mattstang said:
If this post is in the wrong place please move it. I tried to place it somewhere where it belonged but I figured someone would pipe in and ask to move it. Anyhow I see whatcha you're saying. I agree with you! What about the Mach II hood? Or this one:

wow I like that, but its not a 98 body style :cussing: but as for a hood, go for the body kit and keep your stock hood.

·
Registered
800 Posts
That first Hood you show, I saw that on a 98 Gt the other week from our Break out of the Cold Cruise we held, it was on a blue car, and he paid like 3-400$ from ebay for it since had gotten insome accident andhad this ins. money.

pretty neat looking, since I had never seen one like that before, the xenon kit you will like, very nice choice, a friend of mine has that and he was just thinking of getting his repainted soon.

Kewl choices, cant wait to see the outcome!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I would say that hood or the Mach II would look fine with the xeon kit Matt!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
KrazyPony - Are you speaking of the BW Hood or the Mach II Hood? By the way, cars still at the body shop. I rcvd another set of side skirts instead of the rear bumper fascia! LOL!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts