Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and some friends are gonna be painting my car soon. I have damage to the driverside fender. I have a replacement fender tht I just ordered. Was wondering exactly how to take the fender off. I have googled this with no luck suprisingly. Was wondering if u guys could help me out..

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Can not remember for sure bit I thought the Haynes manual had some of that I'm there.

As for your fender, there is a row of bolts on the top of the fender, under the hood. If you open the driver door there are a couple in the jam as well. At the bottom of the fender between the door crack and wheel well. I believe the are some screws all along the wheel well that connect to the inner fender well. Then I think there is one or two behind the turn signal also, signal will likely have to come out to access it.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
deadsp0t has pretty much outlined the procedure and attachment points.
When you have the new fender in hand, you will be able to easily identify where it attaches to the car. :good:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I will keep yall updated on the progression. I'm paonyI will also post pics up when its finished cosmeticwise. Got badges and a smoked headlight/tailight combo tht will go back on.

---------- Post added at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

*painting it a gloss black tir

·
Registered
164 Posts
What kind of gun ate you spraying with? What brand paint? An are you using a booth?... I'm about to do mine... :/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts