Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like the title says.. im so angry and tired of this situation already.. about 2 months ago i decide to get my 01 cobra front bumper, 03 termi side skits and bullitt side scoops painted to match my car so i went to this bodyshop that i had never have a problem with in the past and actually like how well they can match my 2004 DSG color, anyways, 2 weeks after i left my parts i call to see how theyre doing and how much longer it would take them to have them ready only to find out they have “missplace” the bumper but they were trying to located with the people that picks up the thrash from this place, 2 weeks later i call again and i was told that they couldnt locate it and so they were gonna get me a new i told them how hard these bumpers are to come by and how expensive they were too the guy keeps saying theres gotta be someone making them, i told them i took me a year to get mine and i plus i had to drive all the way to san antonio just to pick it up (im in dallas) he says he only needs a couple more days to get me a new one, i told him ok i give you a couple more days but you gimme a bad ass discount for all this time waiting he says ok, 2 weeks later i call again and they finally give up saying they couldnt find me one so they were gonna pay me what i paid for the bumper when i told them it was $600 they refuse to pay it so i told them i didnt want their money in the first place all i want is my bumper and so somewhere else to get this f***n job done so the general manager talks to me asking me for more time arguing he had one bumper located in georgia and he just needed to make a couple phone calls to see when they will have delivered to the shop i say ok but i want you to gimme a call once a day bcause i wanna know whats going on, he says he will do, that was monday jan 7th its already wednesday and still nothing no a single F***n call im going tmrw to see that manager in the face and tell him i want my money or my bumper no more time for them, i also told him i want the $200 i spend on gas to go get the bumper.
now i dont wanna start calling names here or in any other forum but this is really pisssing me off and making me wanna do it...
any advise, comment or opining is greatly appreciated
what would you have done in this situation?
am i being too friendly with them?
thanks!!

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
idk if we can promote violence on this site, but i would have beat the **** out of somebody if that was me.

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Sounds frustrating. Talk to the owner or main person of the shop. I know you said manager but there has to be someone above him

·
Registered
280 Posts
Sounds like they want for you to get an attorney. I would bring that up as my next step and mention a report with the police/better buisness bureau.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
trust me ive thought about it a few times.. its just so frustrating how these people are managing all this and to top it off when i spoke with the general manager i ask him about the discount just to double check and make sure it was still up and he said he had to check for that :banghead::lmao: is just soo stupid

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

Sounds frustrating. Talk to the owner or main person of the shop. I know you said manager but there has to be someone above him
thats exactly what i was going to do today

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

Sounds like they want for you to get an attorney. I would bring that up as my next step and mention a report with the police/better buisness bureau.
i have a friend that woks as an attorney but i just havent contacted him yet dont ask me what im waiting for bcause idk

·
Registered
375 Posts
trust me ive thought about it a few times.. its just so frustrating how these people are managing all this and to top it off when i spoke with the general manager i ask him about the discount just to double check and make sure it was still up and he said he had to check for that :banghead::lmao: is just soo stupid

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

thats exactly what i was going to do today

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

i have a friend that woks as an attorney but i just havent contacted him yet dont ask me what im waiting for bcause idk
Make sure u gather all your paper work and save your phone calls for evidence. I've been through some legal battles dealing with tuner shop and what I learned is u gotta be prepared and don't wait (procrastinate).

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Make sure u gather all your paper work and save your phone calls for evidence. I've been through some legal battles dealing with tuner shop and what I learned is u gotta be prepared and don't wait (procrastinate).
I will do that, thanks for the advise

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Be as leveled headed as possible.. Going postal wont help at all. Also get an invoice from wherever you got the bumper, if it was a private sale contact them and explain and have them mail you a receipt that's back dated and signed if possible. You likely won't recoup gas money, sorry.. Since you haven't been w/o the car you probably can't get damages either but these things vary state to state but get a receipt and contact a lawyer ASAP. Be careful recording phone calls, in NC if you don't notify them you can't use it in court(civil court).

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I do have an invoice for the bumper and I don't record phone calls but I do have screen shots of my phone from the times that I have called them to the shop

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
File a small claims suit immediatly. And you can be compensated for your gas, possibly your time. Time period is limited and probably started when they told you they lost it. Hope it all works out.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
like the title says.. im so angry and tired of this situation already.. about 2 months ago i decide to get my 01 cobra front bumper, 03 termi side skits and bullitt side scoops painted to match my car so i went to this bodyshop that i had never have a problem with in the past and actually like how well they can match my 2004 DSG color, anyways, 2 weeks after i left my parts i call to see how theyre doing and how much longer it would take them to have them ready only to find out they have “missplace” the bumper but they were trying to located with the people that picks up the thrash from this place, 2 weeks later i call again and i was told that they couldnt locate it and so they were gonna get me a new i told them how hard these bumpers are to come by and how expensive they were too the guy keeps saying theres gotta be someone making them, i told them i took me a year to get mine and i plus i had to drive all the way to san antonio just to pick it up (im in dallas) he says he only needs a couple more days to get me a new one, i told him ok i give you a couple more days but you gimme a bad ass discount for all this time waiting he says ok, 2 weeks later i call again and they finally give up saying they couldnt find me one so they were gonna pay me what i paid for the bumper when i told them it was $600 they refuse to pay it so i told them i didnt want their money in the first place all i want is my bumper and so somewhere else to get this f***n job done so the general manager talks to me asking me for more time arguing he had one bumper located in georgia and he just needed to make a couple phone calls to see when they will have delivered to the shop i say ok but i want you to gimme a call once a day bcause i wanna know whats going on, he says he will do, that was monday jan 7th its already wednesday and still nothing no a single F***n call im going tmrw to see that manager in the face and tell him i want my money or my bumper no more time for them, i also told him i want the $200 i spend on gas to go get the bumper.
now i dont wanna start calling names here or in any other forum but this is really pisssing me off and making me wanna do it...
any advise, comment or opining is greatly appreciated
what would you have done in this situation?
am i being too friendly with them?
thanks!!
Found one for $700, free shipping !

Attachments

·
Registered
232 Posts
If I was you ill take the car out of that shop ASAP!! Things like this may upset employees in the shop and things could happen in the shop on purpose.... Like dents anywhere, things that can cost more than a bumper. Wiring, I'm anything that you really can't see.... Just a thought. I would take the loss and due them. But take the mustang out of there!

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

If I was you ill take the car out of that shop ASAP!! Things like this may upset employees in the shop and things could happen in the shop on purpose.... Like dents anywhere, things that can cost more than a bumper. Wiring, I'm anything that you really can't see.... Just a thought. I would take the loss and due them. But take the mustang out of there!
Sue them!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
rockauto has them for 128-ish, CAPA new Cobra Bumpers.
I check that website but all they got is rear bumpers for those years and 03-04 fronts I dnt think anyone has them for sale anymore

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

Found one for $700, free shipping !
I saw that one a while ago but I didn't wanna notify the shop about just to see what they would do but I had to told today because for some reason the manager couldn't tell the diff between that and the termi bumper so I told him to go check it out on eBay and he was like "$700?!?!" Lol I'm pretty sure he noticed the diff now

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Sue them!
I never bought the car into the shop, just the parts... That was my next step if after sending an email to their main office I get no results but they called me today asking me for help to find one and luckily 1996mustang has one for sale so I'm just waiting for his replay to complete this transaction and Finnish all this drama

·
Registered
232 Posts
I never bought the car into the shop, just the parts... That was my next step if after sending an email to their main office I get no results but they called me today asking me for help to find one and luckily 1996mustang has one for sale so I'm just waiting for his replay to complete this transaction and Finnish all this drama
Ok good! So it's just a waiting game

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
File a small claims suit immediatly. And you can be compensated for your gas, possibly your time. Time period is limited and probably started when they told you they lost it. Hope it all works out.
^^^^ Yes^^^ DO IT NOW!

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

Oh ok GOOD!! You got my blood boiling for a minute.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Go to rock auto, ford, 2003, 4.6 DOHC Supercharged, Body Exterior, bumper cover, they have the front.

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

Or american muscle for 319.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts