Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I've finally got all the parts I need for my build and I'm ready to go, but I'm lost as to finding some bolt kits or I did find them but they are rediculous in price, I'm looking for water pump/timing cover bolts, motor mount bolts, intake(upper and lower) bolts, and oil pan bolts, Any help or websites/links would be greatly appeciated!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
bcosta56 said:
Ok so I've finally got all the parts I need for my build and I'm ready to go, but I'm lost as to finding some bolt kits or I did find them but they are rediculous in price, I'm looking for water pump/timing cover bolts, motor mount bolts, intake(upper and lower) bolts, and oil pan bolts, Any help or websites/links would be greatly appeciated!
What year is your car?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I don't know what year your car is but they don't make a complete bolt kit for water pump and timing cover for 94-95s , I bought apr kit and 5 bolts didn't fit so what I did was took all my stock bolts and went to home depot and bought the same size grade 8 bolts for my motor and I spent under $20

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
WhiteCobra94 said:
I don't know what year your car is but they don't make a complete bolt kit for water pump and timing cover for 94-95s , I bought apr kit and 5 bolts didn't fit so what I did was took all my stock bolts and went to home depot and bought the same size grade 8 bolts for my motor and I spent under $20
yup thats a good idea. i have a pretty large selection of bolts, so i usually just grab some out of the draws. :good:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm, that's not a half bad idea, I never even thought about that, what kind of bolt grade should I look for? Stainless? Or just anything works? This is my first build so I'm kind of clueless and to answer one of your questions its an 87 5.0ho engine

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
bcosta56 said:
Hmm, that's not a half bad idea, I never even thought about that, what kind of bolt grade should I look for? Stainless? Or just anything works? This is my first build so I'm kind of clueless and to answer one of your questions its an 87 5.0ho engine
You want grade 8 bolts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts