1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Awesome run.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
So youre racing it while trying to sell it and posting slips on the same site that youre selling it on? Doesnt seem like the greatest idea.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Who cares if he took the car to the track a raced it???? Really???? People beat the hell out of their cars on the street all day every day and never go to the track

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Who cares if he took the car to the track a raced it???? Really???? People beat the hell out of their cars on the street all day every day and never go to the track
Agreed. It is a Mustang, not a Taurus. They're all beat on. ALL.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thats right. No one buys a mustang to drive it like a prius. But none the less im very pleased with a 12.5. Crazy thing is it has more than that in it. I ran out of 4th way before the line and 5th doesnt have enough oomph to pull harder in the distance needed to gain any tenths. Now since i have 3.73's it would def need either a higher rev limit in 4th or taller gears. I think a 3.55 would be better suited for the 1/4.

Now having said all that i know it is capable of a 12.3 easy.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
and NO tune? are there 2013 dyno's out yet? 12.5 is already pushing it on stock platform. Did 2013 get some sort significant changes?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
and NO tune? are there 2013 dyno's out yet? 12.5 is already pushing it on stock platform. Did 2013 get some sort significant changes?
They usually dyno on a jet around 380. Automatics make a little less. I think driver really plays a huge role. Trust me im very confident if i had a little more room in 4th i could hit 12.3 easy providing it had a 3.55 or 3.31. Im sure i can hit 11's with a tune. A good tune, not some base generic tune that comes with the tuning device.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Im sorry, but if you choose a car thats proven to be tracked, which can cause you warranty issues, over a garage queen for the same money, you deserve what you get. Buying a street car because it supposedly is tenths of a second faster, with all of the parameters involved, is just plain laughable. All the slips tell me is that the OP is squeezing as much fun out of his car as possible before unloading it, which may be great for him, but not so much for the next buyer. And FYI: because this is a public forum, Ford can use information posted here to deny warranty claims. Good luck with your sale OP, but being 2013 with so many untracked '13+s to choose from, I wouldnt touch your car with a ten foot pole.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Im sorry, but if you choose a car thats proven to be tracked, which can cause you warranty issues, over a garage queen for the same money, you deserve what you get. Buying a street car because it supposedly is tenths of a second faster, with all of the parameters involved, is just plain laughable. All the slips tell me is that the OP is squeezing as much fun out of his car as possible before unloading it, which may be great for him, but not so much for the next buyer. And FYI: because this is a public forum, Ford can use information posted here to deny warranty claims. Good luck with your sale OP, but being 2013 with so many untracked '13+s to choose from, I wouldnt touch your car with a ten foot pole.
A Mustang is a vehicle that should perform the same babied or raced for years to come because it was built for THAT purpose.

Example, no one opinion is all encompassing. I would buy his car before another BECAUSE he raced it and has shown proven performance. Unusually good performance as well.

Every Mustang is abused. Fact. (sort of lol) If you floored it ONCE in 100k miles, you abused it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts