Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed the vibration material that AM sells? I have a convertible and I want to reduce interior noise.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Has anyone installed the vibration material that AM sells? I have a convertible and I want to reduce interior noise.
what they offer is good for the price, being a little audio head since I can remember I have used dynamat, lizard skin, luxury foam, etc.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Where did you install them on the car? Did they make a difference?
I haven't used it on my personal car but I have done friends cars doing trunks, doors and inside the cabin (floor, roof, quarter panels) with great outcomes.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have used the mats and they do help. The only problem I have with them is you don't get enough of the mats to make a big difference. If you want to make a big difference buy like 3 packages and use 1 under the rear seats and 2 in the trunk.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I have used the mats and they do help. The only problem I have with them is you don't get enough of the mats to make a big difference. If you want to make a big difference buy like 3 packages and use 1 under the rear seats and 2 in the trunk.
agreed! forgot to mention that part, when we were doing sound deadening it took a lot more than just one pack. full coverage isn't needed but 25-40% is to actually deaden the sound waves through whatever you are trying to dampen.

·
Registered
249 Posts
What portion of the trunk should I do with this material? I have a shaker 1000 and the trunk rattles like hell when I crank it up (standing outside it) but it sounds amazing inside....it's not the license plate rattling either...

·
Registered
497 Posts
What portion of the trunk should I do with this material? I have a shaker 1000 and the trunk rattles like hell when I crank it up (standing outside it) but it sounds amazing inside....it's not the license plate rattling either...
Take your spare out and get down to the sheet metal by removing carpet, etc and clean it off. once that is down space out and cut your pieces to get 25-40% coverage throughout the entire trunk.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Take your spare out and get down to the sheet metal by removing carpet, etc and clean it off. once that is down space out and cut your pieces to get 25-40% coverage throughout the entire trunk.
copy that...nothing on the underside of the actual trunk lid though?

·
Registered
497 Posts
copy that...nothing on the underside of the actual trunk lid though?
you can if you want! just everyone will see it shining when you open the trunk, only if I can hide it with panels or inside without being seen I do the trunk lid. Totally personal preference

1 - 10 of 10 Posts