1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
8,779 Posts

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Not lately.

TH - they are another eBay turbo kit like On3 I believe.
Ahh, ok. I tried to find a website for them, but nothing came up for "Boost Brothers". :good:

Yeah I just looked at them. I'm really leaning towards doing a low boost turbo on my 331 for open class road racing...might be too much to handle lol
Nah, just get better suspension. ;):D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trojan Horse said:
Ahh, ok. I tried to find a website for them, but nothing came up for "Boost Brothers". :good:

Nah, just get better suspension. ;):D
Haha I already did that. Full MM system with coilovers :)

·
Banned
8,779 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Georgia331 said:
How reliable is it and what kind of power are you making? Also, what was the install like
Its a good deal for the price ($1,250). The headers, exhaust and intercooling piping are very good quality. The turbocharger, waste gate and bov are acme brand but in my case everything is working properly. The installation is difficult because you have to modified many parts. In my car I removed the abs unit, made a 1 inch spacer for the front sway bar to clear the driver side header, lift 1/4 the motor mounts, modified the intercooler bracket, relocate the bov, removed the smog pump, egr, relocate the CCRM and coolant expansion tank. Also you have to buy maf, injectors, fuel pump, gauges and tuning device.

The sound its amazing Im very satisfied with my turbo kit. Naturally aspirated the dyno # was 255 hp and 321 tq to the wheels now I hope to get like 350hp at 8psi. If you have the budget take your time to check the on3 performance turbo kit, looks better. Feel free to contact me if you need photos of the installation or anything else. Good luck!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lapida said:
Its a good deal for the price ($1,250). The headers, exhaust and intercooling piping are very good quality. The turbocharger, waste gate and bov are acme brand but in my case everything is working properly. The installation is difficult because you have to modified many parts. In my car I removed the abs unit, made a 1 inch spacer for the front sway bar to clear the driver side header, lift 1/4 the motor mounts, modified the intercooler bracket, relocate the bov, removed the smog pump, egr, relocate the CCRM and coolant expansion tank. Also you have to buy maf, injectors, fuel pump, gauges and tuning device.

The sound its amazing Im very satisfied with my turbo kit. Naturally aspirated the dyno # was 255 hp and 321 tq to the wheels now I hope to get like 350hp at 8psi. If you have the budget take your time to check the on3 performance turbo kit, looks better. Feel free to contact me if you need photos of the installation or anything else. Good luck!
Yeah I was looking heavily into the on3 kit mainly because there's a vendor next to my house (summit racing) so that would be a lot easier. I'm curious how much I would make on boost...I put almost 380 to the wheels n/a ...this should be fun :)

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
JayKranz said:
The weak point with the On3 kit is the turbo it comes with. Upgrade it.
I'm getting a free 5.0 block and I'm gonna get the on3 kit and put my turbo on it and sell the one that's on it

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
JayKranz said:
perfect also get your own injectors
Ok. It's gonna be a buy something every now and then it will be after I graduate Can I get 450 hp with just better Rods and a gurtle ? Will that be safe

1 - 20 of 21 Posts